First time here

Guber K.

(tap tap tap...ummm is this mic on?)

Uh...hi. Um... my name is Guber, and I'm a Kerbalnaut.

Well...it all started innocently enough. I saw a friend post some pictures of KSP, and thought it might be fun to try. What could it hurt, it seemed harmless enough?

So, I got the demo. It was fun, a few laughs with friends, that's all.

I got into stable orbits and felt like the king of the world. I started doing more and more....

I told myself it was no big deal... it's just a little experimenting. I can stop anytime I want, right?

But I couldn't stop. Next thing I knew I'd bought the full version. I was sitting up half the night talking to little green men and adjusting fuel loads.

Mrs. Guber would call to find out where I was and who I was with...she said she doesnt' know who Jeb is....

Then there were Mun landings, satellites...good grief! Where does it stop? I realized I'd stepped off the deep end. I didn't know where to turn.

Then I talked to someone. He was building space stations, but seemed like he could handle it. He told me about this place. He told me that the first step is to admit that you've got a problem. So I came here, hoping for help... you see, I REALLY NEED to build that lander so I can get back....

Well, thanks... that's my story.

Edited by Guber K.

:D very unique introduction *applauds*

By this, I bid you a welcome, sir... You've done something many of us just dream of... you actually came out with THE problem... Wish I could do the same, as I reply to this message while being at work... :D

Since this seems to be the place for raw newbie questions, I'll ask one:

I see screenshots showing spacecraft with orangeish bodies, yet I don't find any parts that color in my inventory. I'd have to assume this is a mod, but can someone point me to which mods they are. I've heard about Spaceport, but have not really investigated yet.

Also, I saw some reference to leaving plaques on the Mun, etc. Where do I find them?

Ok, 2 questions.... :confused:

There is a 2 meter insulated fuel tank that is bright orange. Is that what you're talking about?

Also, planting a flag on the Mun also entails leaving a plaque with it. The game prompts you to type something that will be shown every time you click on the flag.

Not sure what it is I'm talking about.:confused: I don't have anything in my parts list that is orange, so was wondering if I have an incomplete download or it's a mod.

Thanks for the tip about the flag and plaque.