RocktCo Industries & Munar Institute of Technology. Soyuz and Kerbabl lander v1.2

Deusoverkill

Updated thread title to 1.2 , if you need to change it again PM me or another moderator or drop us a line on IRC.

Happy to see this updated!

Awesome!! Thanks so much DYJ, i was having trouble with the title; and also for your "Airlocks and Ladders tutorial" very usefull!

Aw. Shame about only using the parts with its own parts.

Question, though. How many extra parts does it add? I don't like adding tons upon tons of new parts to my VAB part list with one mod like I've seen some mods do.

18 parts, all labeled as Rocktco and MIT for easy removal, hope you like them =)

Thanks for all your comments people, its nice to see that this pack is still loved.

Cheers! =)

Thanks for keeping this mod up with the latest KSP version. I just downloaded the 0.16 update, followed the instruction guide for building the craft (very nice touch) and ... !BLAM! (well, a little softer than that) I am EVA'ing on Minmus with enough fuel to maybe take a stab at the Mun on the way back. Very nice MOD.

Also, very unusual that this is so balanced that no RCS is needed or included.

Keep up the good work!

Struggling with the low thrust of the vehicle, and the Isa Mapsat attached, Jebediah set sail for Dune.

t523yb.jpg

Having exhausted most of his fuel, the jury-rigged propane cans strapped to the outside of the lander helped push that final distance around Kerbol.

2d17cpy.jpg

It was time to detach, the new planet was not to be mapped, but Jebediah's dream was not to be abandoned.

2n1rmfl.jpg

With a tenth of the tank remaining, he cheered at what the onboard map computer revealed, a Dune orbit was within grasp.

6egm0h.jpg

Fuel exhausted in an attempt to slow down enough to let Dune catch the ship in its embrace, Jebediah turned off the radio, ignoring the pleas of the command center for him to wait for a rescue mission. He knew he had one last chance, his jetpack.

34tq1.jpg

Despite a remarkable deviation in trajectory, it was not enough. As Dune slowly drifted past Jebediah's eyes, both sadness over the lost dream and terror of the knowledge that his oxygen is running out filled his mind.

2924jk3.jpg

T_T *SADFACE* ;'(

I adore these parts, but i really, really must ask for a version balanced with vanilla values (especially now in 0.17). I understand that you wanted it to be more stable, more realistic and graceful instead of wobbling around. But please, release a version with thrust & weight values equal to the other parts out there and vanilla. I'd love to be able to use this as my main rocket, but as it is now, it's nearly impossible. Overall, amazing pack. Keep it up. Moar!!

edit: mods, it'd be nice if common spoiler tags worked, or if there was a button in the reply screen to tell you what it is. Feel free do add it as i have no clue how besides trying

Out of curiousity, what prevented you from using normal values?

I have no idea why OP decided to wreck his mod by fudging the numbers. I just edited them to be comparable to other stuff (not game breaking, although a little more powerful so I can use it for my deeper space shots) and it works flawlessly.

You should be asking why OP isn't fixing the values so people don't have to fix them themselves.

Thanks so much for this mod pack. The soyuz rocket is perfect for KSP because is Russian and everyone loves Russian surplus.

There is no such thing as a Soyuz rocket. It's a Vostok. Soyuz is the capsule / orbital delivery system, it's actually what many of us were hoping was in the pack. I died a little on the inside when I realised it was a Vostok with some custom invented lander. :'(

There is no such thing as a Soyuz rocket. It's a Vostok. Soyuz is the capsule / orbital delivery system, it's actually what many of us were hoping was in the pack. I died a little on the inside when I realised it was a Vostok with some custom invented lander. :'(

Wrong. Soyuz is both the name of a spacecraft and the name of the launcher. Russian launchers are usually named after the first primary payload that they are used for. Sputnik, Vostok, and Soyuz launchers are both derived from the old R7 ICBM. The Soyuz has a larger 3rd stage than the Vostok.

The Soyuz launcher is currently used for many other missions than launching Soyuz spacecraft, including ESA commercial launches from Kourou in French Guyana.

http://www.starsem.com/soyuz/introduction.htm

I have no idea why OP decided to wreck his mod by fudging the numbers. I just edited them to be comparable to other stuff (not game breaking, although a little more powerful so I can use it for my deeper space shots) and it works flawlessly.

You should be asking why OP isn't fixing the values so people don't have to fix them themselves.

as i recall, in older versions of KSP the stability of connection between parts on larger rockets was very, very poor (hence the old "wobbly rockets pack) the easiest fix for this (it seems) was to scale down the values by 10% which actually worked incredibly well, though i do agree in the current age of more stable large builds the down scaling is probably not necessary.

if you want to see how bad it used to be look at the "Novapunch" pack and double the instability, it used to be a real challenge just getting something this big off the pad let alone get it into orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.