RocktCo Industries & Munar Institute of Technology. Soyuz and Kerbabl lander v1.2

Deusoverkill

Bear in mind that this was a genuine soviet spacecraft;

200px-Buran.jpg

sts-1 was Russian? I keed I keed.

Knowing the Russians, they\'d probably leave the tank and orbiter unpainted to save weight and then it would look a lot less sleek

Bear in mind that this was a genuine soviet spacecraft;

200px-Buran.jpg

While true, it never actualy became so entangled in culture. You think of America, you think of Apollo and space shuttle. You think of Russia, you think of Sputnik and Soyuz. Culture just embedded these notions within us. If the Russian space shuttle had succeeded, which I forget why it didn\'t, then things may have well been different. But it well established that Russian attitudes and mentality is white different from the American one. I once heard quoted that one time, one of the Apollo scientists were showing a Russian scientist how they had developed a defribilator to work in space, and how they had overcome all of the problems. And the Russian scientist said in response 'in Russia, we just send healthy astronaut into space'

While true, it never actualy became so entangled in culture. You think of America, you think of Apollo and space shuttle. You think of Russia, you think of Sputnik and Soyuz. Culture just embedded these notions within us. If the Russian space shuttle had succeeded, which I forget why it didn\'t, then things may have well been different. But it well established that Russian attitudes and mentality is white different from the American one. I once heard quoted that one time, one of the Apollo scientists were showing a Russian scientist how they had developed a defribilator to work in space, and how they had overcome all of the problems. And the Russian scientist said in response 'in Russia, we just send healthy astronaut into space'

It was designed as a military vehicle - because the Soviets thought the shuttle was for military purposes, which has some grain of truth to it. The soviet union imploded during the development of Energia-Buran, however, and killed the project.

It was designed as a military vehicle - because the Soviets thought the shuttle was for military purposes, which has some grain of truth to it. The soviet union imploded during the development of Energia-Buran, however, and killed the project.

Also, the buran was destroyed in a hangar collapse.

Hello everybody! I\'ve been off the forum for some days now, and i apologize if i didn`t answer some of your questions or comments, so...

Kliper....is someone making that for the game?!

Lefayad1991,Semininja; its still on the works, along with something very special, please be patient, at least one more month. it will worth it.

Deusoverkill, if you need help with the Kliper configuration when you get to work on that, I can help. People seem to like how Vanguard handles, so I can lend you some info on that.

it would be awesome Nova, i totally apreciate that!, i PM you when ready =D

Again, Thanks so much for the comments and support! happy new year 2012! =)

Kliper....is someone making that for the game?!

Lefayad1991,Semininja; its still on the works, along with something very special, please be patient, at least one more month. it will worth it.

Curses! I\'ll be in University then.

I\'ll have to be careful that it doesn\'t suck up too much of my study time then. ;)

Doesn\'t help that the FreeSpace community seems to have a lot of stuff planned for release next month as well. Certainly it\'ll be a month worth waiting for.

so when is the update coming out? also, can it be scaled so that it fits either the 1m or (i think) 1.5m attachment decoupler of the fantastic noyuz mod (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4088.0)

having such a wonderful launch vehicle, like this rocket, and such a wonderful craft such as the noyuz, would absolutely make my day

Look at the second and third post above your own. It\'s right there, and I even repeated it on my reply via quote.

Size scaling wouldn\'t be the only issue with the Noyuz, RocktCo has its own balance system that most everything else differs from. If you use Noyuz with the RocktCo Soyuz carrier it will be sent back down to the surface when the first stage is removed from a too low thrust-to-weight ratio.

From the update post we\'re very likely looking at additional parts, but it was previously mentioned (During last year) that the balance system may change as well.

Look at the second and third post above your own. It\'s right there, and I even repeated it on my reply via quote.

Size scaling wouldn\'t be the only issue with the Noyuz, RocktCo has its own balance system that most everything else differs from. If you use Noyuz with the RocktCo Soyuz carrier it will be sent back down to the surface when the first stage is removed from a too low thrust-to-weight ratio.

From the update post we\'re very likely looking at additional parts, but it was previously mentioned (During last year) that the balance system may change as well.

wow that was a fail on my behalf. but i find (any many others too) find that scaling up the properties of the launch vehicle does no real damage to stability

i have already tweaked the values and it is very balanced currently. the only problem is the fact that the noyuz doesnt sit pretty on top.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

id forgotten just how good this mod was. it even enspired me to build a model of the soyuz rocket launch system. such a brilliant design, still looks futuristic, even though the system was made in the middle of the 20th century. i cant think of anything that is still being used today, from that period.

Here are some more pictures. You got to get it just right to get to LKO. I have the third stage a bit under powered just to get the burn times to match the real thing, so if you don’t burn it long enough you end up in the ground like the real ones do. But if you are good enough it will end up at the start of a decent orbit. Did not mess with the upper Noyuz half that much (just engine fuel burn) but to circularize the orbit you will need to use it. After that, you have enough for raising or lowering it when needed and a deorbit burn. I can’t wait to dock it to something.

Could you release the edited configs? These could come in handy.

Also, TBH, the Soyuz could use upscaling to 1.5m. The real one looks like that:

393px-Soyuz_TMA-3_launch.jpg

There\'s no grid decoupler or any kind of transition between the fairing and the upper stage fuel tank (well, there\'s, but it\'s very small). If the 'trunk' was 2m in diameter, then the Noyuz fairing could be attached directly to the tank, making it look pretty much like in that picture.

It should rather be upscaled to 1.5m as that\'s the size of that other fairing base that doesn\'t get slimmer at the bottom.

Fixed, my bad.

It should rather be upscaled to 1.5m as that\'s the size of that other fairing base that doesn\'t get slimmer at the bottom.

RocktCo uses a 1.2m base and a 1.2 -> 1m adapter, actually.

There\'s no grid decoupler or any kind of transition between the fairing and the upper stage fuel tank (well, there\'s, but it\'s very small). If the 'trunk' was 2m in diameter, then the Noyuz fairing could be attached directly to the tank, making it look pretty much like in that picture.

Artistic license.

The pack currently doesn\'t and probably never will be designed to conform with the the Soyuz spacecraft properly, that\'s why the top decoupler is a 1.2 -> 1m adapter in order to fit the lander\'s engine correctly.

Additionally, when the pack is updated with more craft (Kliper in particular, the overall update is a ways away), it uses the 1.2m decoupler twice: To separate the second and third stages and to separate Kliper from the third stage once the fairings are released, as the last WiP shots from the last thread show.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.