RocktCo Industries & Munar Institute of Technology. Soyuz and Kerbabl lander v1.2

Deusoverkill

Out of curiousity, what prevented you from using normal values?

Feanor, Sirscott; the problem is that, with normal values, the rocket started to shake and bank so hard due to the weight of the fuel tanks, the maxthrust of the engines and the gimballing feature, so i scaled down everything and it worked. i think i will be using this again for the big rockets.

Yeah , I was worried it might be something like that. When they get the bugs ironed out will you release a 'compatible' version?. Even if not , the number of parts here is enough to play with on their own , and eye-candy value makes up for exclusivity.

i´m having serious trouble with the orbital insertion of this thing, could someone post a video tutorial/review of it?

-core stage ( the long one ) and the 4 boosters fire at the start, at the same time.

-turn asas on, throttle to full

-throttle down only when 80%+ overheated

-drop boosters when empty.

-at 15-20 km, slowly tip over.

-fire till burnout as hard as you can, without overheating.

-3rd stage will take over - if you got high enough, wait for the apogee then burn full-on. if not, immediatly full thrust as hard as you can, might have to gimbal / point upwards a bit to keep your direction of travel pointed towards just above the horizon.

You should be in a very comfortable orbit with about half your 3rd stage fuel left, the orbital + lander stages untouched. I did my moon orbit burn and moon capture burn with the 3rd stage, as well as about 250m/s shaved off of the terminal descent towards the surface. Had to drop the orbital stage with 50% fuel left at 500m height.

This is awesome! I love that the boosters are liquid and that the whole thing is so modular. I don\'t mind (in fact, I kinda like) that it\'s 10% values. The ratio definitely lines up with Nova\'s pack - it looks like 1:100 weight:fuel, or am I doing math wrong?

I know Kliper is on the way (will it be a lifting body / have wings?), but are there any plans for a \'real\' soyuz capsule? How about RCS tanks/modules? The final lander stage has so much power that it\'s actually difficult getting a low enough thrust setting to gently settle onto the mun.

For Kliper, would it be possible to use the same tanks / core, and add new (maybe higher efficiency / stronger) Soyuz-3 single-bell engines like so:

soyuz3_kliper_exploded_1.jpg

Also, thanks for the tutorial, feanor! I had much better luck maxing it out than I ever did going at partial throttle.

Awesome!, thanks so much for the comments and support!

When they get the bugs ironed out will you release a 'compatible' version?

Sirscott, yes; it would be great to have this parts working properly with standard measures, but must important; with everybody elses parts.

and eventually (i hope) the developers wil balance the entire weight scale.

What do you think about payload fairings like the ones 'Soyuz-2' has?

payload fairings + satellites or telescope, in the next release =)

I know Kliper is on the way (will it be a lifting body / have wings?)

hope so, i have to solve some things about it first, but the idea is to make it work as close as the real thing would do.

are there any plans for a \'real\' soyuz capsule?

nope as far as i know, i saw other people making a soyuz capsule, and it looked quite good, so it seemed pointless.

would it be possible to use the same tanks / core, and add new (maybe higher efficiency / stronger) Soyuz-3 single-bell engines?

of course Molo, i was actually thinking about this engines at first, but decided to go with the clasical soyuz engines; but yes, in a future release.

-core stage ( the long one ) and the 4 boosters fire at the start, at the same time.

-turn asas on, throttle to full

-throttle down only when 80%+ overheated

-drop boosters when empty.

-at 15-20 km, slowly tip over.

-fire till burnout as hard as you can, without overheating.

-3rd stage will take over - if you got high enough, wait for the apogee then burn full-on. if not, immediatly full thrust as hard as you can, might have to gimbal / point upwards a bit to keep your direction of travel pointed towards just above the horizon.

You should be in a very comfortable orbit with about half your 3rd stage fuel left, the orbital + lander stages untouched. I did my moon orbit burn and moon capture burn with the 3rd stage, as well as about 250m/s shaved off of the terminal descent towards the surface. Had to drop the orbital stage with 50% fuel left at 500m height.

way to go man =D

mixing it up with nova\'s edition?

do they match? keep me posted Comradephil, please! =)

In regard to the Munar module, what are your thoughts on it\'s delta V budget? It just seems a bit too much to me. Maybe cut away some of the fuel in it\'s tanks? After a succesful mun run, I still had a bit over half the fuel left when I jettisoned the munar module.

The TWR on the rocket stages seems spot on.

kN1Sw.jpgLNVMm.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.