RocktCo Industries & Munar Institute of Technology. Soyuz and Kerbabl lander v1.2

Deusoverkill

What do you think about payload fairings like the ones 'Soyuz-2' has?

payload fairings + satellites or telescope, in the next release =)

I was curious about this, do you have a particular real-world design to base off of or is it a from-scratch design?

Edit: Adding a new question.

of course Molo, i was actually thinking about this engines at first, but decided to go with the clasical soyuz engines; but yes, in a future release.

With this I\'m guessing the 'classical' Soyuz engines would be those of Soyuz 11A511? Given the current variables are low and differences would be insignificant, and the possibility of the specs being altered later, will the three engine blocks use different thrust variables comparable to their actual (Under Kerbal scaling) output?

Then I shall supply them!

screenshot9.png

Just began liftoff.

screenshot10.png

First stage removed.

screenshot13.png

Second stage removed.

screenshot16.png

Removing the third stage after missing three days of orbits again.

screenshot18.png

Making the descent.

screenshot19.png

And touchdown (Switching windows made the throttle go back up on its own so I was on the ground for literally two seconds).

screenshot21.png

And Kerbin is showing up just over the horizon.

Edit:

Adding spoiler tags for ease of page reading.

As many others have said, this is an amazing pack so far, Deusoverkill! Your style of texturing along with the quality of the textures themselves are very, very nice. :3 I can\'t wait to get my hands on the Kliper and fairings you\'re going to release, as well as any attempts at making this pack compatible with others without sacrificing its stability. Also, I know there\'s already a Soyuz-style capsule on the modding scene, but it\'d be interesting to see what it\'d look like if you made it.

Your style of texturing along with the quality of the textures themselves are very, very nice. :3 I can\'t wait to get my hands on the Kliper and fairings you\'re going to release, as well as any attempts at making this pack compatible with others without sacrificing its stability.

Actually I never thought of that until just reading this post. The Kliper is probably going to look boss in the white / orange paint scheme.

Love it! Tweaked mine very slightly for useability, but still love it. (I adjusted the fuel consumption of the first stage to match the second stage, so that at burnout the second stage has slightly less fuel, and is therefore lighter.)

EDIT

I\'m thinking I\'ll also tweak the rest of the stages a bit. Getting the thing into orbit is the difficult part, I always feel like my lander has way too much delta-V. Still, fantastic job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is by far my favourite pack. It is such a pretty craft.

Two little changes I would like:

A shroud around the spacecraft, during launch.

When departing the moon, don\'t take thr entire lander with me, do it Apollo style, leave a tank, engine and gear on the moon, and return in a separate n small module, tank and engine.

And while the launch vehicle is clearly soyuz enspired, what about the lander, is that of your own creation, or did u see something like that as concept art??? :)

Take your time, given the quality of this mod, it must take ages.

Quick question: on the very first post, you mention that a 'Cliper ship' is in the works. What whil, this be exactly?

Not clipper, but Kliper.

cliperan2.gif

You know, that\'s a real spacecraft that was in development for a while.

I think he knows. It looks like he said it looked more like an American made spacecraft than something made by the Russians due to the fact that the Russians have a more utilitarian style to most of their spacecraft

You know, that\'s a real spacecraft that was in development for a while.

Huh, no I did not. The back end of the craft is clearly Russian in its stylings, it was just the sleek, curvy, black and white from that screamed NASA to me. It\'s probs just because I am so used to seeing the curvy b/w space shuttle for so long. I was literally raised admiring those things.

I think he knows. It looks like he said it looked more like an American made spacecraft than something made by the Russians due to the fact that the Russians have a more utilitarian style to most of their spacecraft

Yeah spot on

Huh, no I did not. The back end of the craft is clearly Russian in its stylings, it was just the sleek, curvy, black and white from that screamed NASA to me. It\'s probs just because I am so used to seeing the curvy b/w space shuttle for so long. I was literally raised admiring those things.

Bear in mind that this was a genuine soviet spacecraft;

200px-Buran.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.