You know what this is about - DAMN SOLAR PANELS

Feel free to bring this up in suggestions. That's why they are there

So then....

To raise this issue, I have made this thread. To those who are like "whaaa?" this is about the removal of the "snap to" gigantor solar panel point. I have raised this in the general chat but now its a suggestion/rage/protest/sit down for cookies

What do YOU think?

Alright, I've watched this for long enough. I'm gonna ask you only this once to calm down.

Yes, you're disappointed that this was removed, I get it, but that doesn't justify constant rage and complaints. Show some patience and either wait for Squad to take care of it - or change it yourself (or get someone to help you change it) - this would be a simple part mod, nothing else. Posting what amounts to "Waaaaaah change dis nao!" isn't getting you anywhere and it's just disrespectful to everyone involved.

FEichinger

P.S.: For the record, this is in reference to both the title's phrasing and the specific mention of "rage/protest" in the post body - and all of this on top of the contents of the previous thread.

Edited by FEichinger

Well put FEichinger.

@Rhyunix: "mod" in the old part - i cant imagine anything has changed to stop it working.

Also: my two cents, I can see no difference in the behaviour of the part (i played 19 then 21 to check), this might be because I use snap-to-fit in the VAB rather then "manual" mode, or it might be i'm not doing crazy enough things with my solar panels.

I'm gonna push the boat out on my luck here -

Its not a serious rant. I apologize for activating the sensible mature side of yourself (which frankly I have no idea what is formed up of) by putting in rage/protest. Its supposed to be a humorous suggestion, summarizing (I hope i can spell) that I am confused about why It was taken away. I'd also like to draw your attention that I never demanded for this to be changed It was only brought up as an issue

i'm not doing crazy enough things with my solar panels

True

Actually, I thought the node link on the Gigantors has been missing since... well, since forever. At least two or three major versions now. About the only singular time I have ever thought of the node link could be useful was when I put them on the ends of struts - and even then the balance isn't affected due to symmetry, and aesthetically I can set them down on the center of the strut very easily due to how well its size fits. There are just too few parts that could be used to accept those things. I'm still at a loss as to why the Communotron antenna still has it - it literally makes no sense.

I'm still at a loss as to why the Communotron antenna still has it

When I'm making rovers etc, I usually raise the communotron a little with a tiny strut thing. Apart from that I cant think of any other purpose. However for the solar panels, you could attach it to the rockomax adapter hub, stick it on an attachment point, not have the issue of it being off center and aggravating your inner OCD and so on

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.