[0.24.2] TiberDyne Aerospace R&D Division - Shuttle System 3.6 Career Update!

Tiberion

Well, the actual pieces of old C7 parts might be (the cockpit, the fuselage tanks, the shuttle RCS tank) and some form of landing gear, but all of the parts I made will not be (the nose pieces, wings, all the engines and booster tanks + the SRBs, No functional cargobay either)

Well, the actual pieces of old C7 parts might be (the cockpit, the fuselage tanks, the shuttle RCS tank) and some form of landing gear, but all of the parts I made will not be (the nose pieces, wings, all the engines and booster tanks + the SRBs, No functional cargobay either)

C7 made a cargo bay (well, the animations at least).

Don\'t know whether it will be functional.

The cargopods need a redesign, and I reckon I can model them much better the next time. So yeah, some time.

Re: Energia boosters: yeah its been asked; I won\'t do that with the current models, but I plan to actually make some new ones. Finding an actual reference model is a pain though, not too many Buran-E models out there.

That is actually just a high-detail Buran with animated payload arm, without the Energia booster.

I actually worked on converting one of the bCad files from that page last night, but the conversion to 3DS Max goes poorly; it loaded up a model with half a million polygons (due to the autoCAD style design of bCAD) and all of the hierarchy was busted, so every tiny piece was its own object. Impossible to use.

Doubly troublesome since I don\'t use 3DS; the conversion to DAE or OBJ to load into Blender just fails altogether

Ah you are right, I got that one loaded finally.

Its... insane.

500,000 polygons (100x too many for KSP) and 8,000 separate objects. Its completely impossible to do anything with.

Very impressive model, and I guess I can have it open in 3ds for reference while I model in Blender. Whoever modeled that is a little crazy though.

I thought you were going to make your model, looking to the one I sent.

Yeah I wanted to pull them model apart so I could see the side boosters in better detail.

But even a single booster is made up of about 1200 separate objects, so trying to select just the booster parts was frustrating.

And since they\'re broken into so many objects, they won\'t load into blender, so I have to have 2 different modeling programs open, which is.. not optimal.

So, nice models, just a little frustrating to work with. And there definitely isn\'t much of a chance anyone could ever possible import one directly into KSP, that is for sure.

Yeah its 'a space shuttle' but not 'The Space Shuttle'

Since I started building on top of the C7 shuttle parts, I didn\'t have a goal in mind, so you know.. things happened. Now it can act like a regular spaceplane too.

With the upcoming changes, I will probably rebuild 2 different shuttles, a conventional one and a more space-planeish one. We\'ll see.

I played with this shuttle\'s so much! And today finally made it back to the space center and landed 10 meter next to the runway!

Video:

Lost the front wheel when jettisoning the FuelTank :( still landed !

Anyway. I just want to say Thank You for this awesome craft! Keep it up.

Hello,

I fell in love with this mod, flew it the whole week end, at the end i managed to build up a SSTO shuttle able to bring about 5 tonns in 250km orbit (just with your parts).

I have a request, there is any chance that we could get a 'longer' cargo bay? the current one including decoupler barely fit 2 1m fuel tanks touching the bottom, since i use the cargo bay both for cargo and 'mission specific' equipment (solar panels, batteries, zoxygen stuff etc) i would love to have more space... maybe instead of 2 blocks long you could make it 3? or even 4? i hope you can do something about this, i\'m loving your shuttles a lot and i would love to use it even more.

Hello,

I fell in love with this mod, flew it the whole week end, at the end i managed to build up a SSTO shuttle able to bring about 5 tonns in 250km orbit (just with your parts).

I have a request, there is any chance that we could get a 'longer' cargo bay? the current one including decoupler barely fit 2 1m fuel tanks touching the bottom, since i use the cargo bay both for cargo and 'mission specific' equipment (solar panels, batteries, zoxygen stuff etc) i would love to have more space... maybe instead of 2 blocks long you could make it 3? or even 4? i hope you can do something about this, i\'m loving your shuttles a lot and i would love to use it even more.

Oh nice, i tried it few times but failed :( Can you share the .craft file for the longer shuttle?

Working on something entirely new for the shuttle itself, we\'ll see how it turns out.

Stop making me so curious! Hehehe (check-post-interval = increased) 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.