[0.24.2] TiberDyne Aerospace R&D Division - Shuttle System 3.6 Career Update!

Tiberion

I actually worked on it a little bit last night after I released the NP update, mostly just transferring over the project files and such to the new PC and remembering where I had left things.

It seems that the new version was almost done. I got frustrated trying to make the new wheel work properly and set it aside (I may need help on that one)

So with a little flight balance work it should be ready

I have a question. How do you balance the shuttle? Every time I've made a legit looking shuttle, it suddenly throws a fit when parted with it's boosters and starts flipping around. I haven't' actually used you pack yet, are the parts just generally well balanced or is there a trick to it?

doing it with stock parts is quite hard, my pack does it by vectoring the main engines so they offset the rotation caused by the tanks deadweight, and then having a high gimbal range (like 25) that lets it rotate the other way once the boosters and tanks are dropped.

Okay, I am almost done, just have a couple more issues to iron out;

The landing gear is completely borked, not sure I can fix it so we may just have to live with the stock gear a little longer (which sadly don't work too great on the shuttle stack)

The wings that have the engine mounts can't hold fuel, so I can't give the jets a separate source of fuel, which isn't so optimal.

Add that to the "cargobay responds to G key" issue and its not perfect, but its working pretty good.

At this point I am not going to upload the old version, its way out of date and I don't wanna support questions about it from all the new downloads it will get. It'll just be a bit longer, thanks for waiting.

You could use the cart plugin for the gear, it allows for extending/retracting wheels with the gear key.

And for the cargo bay, you said you might be interested in my animation part module, I released it here

Edit: Ninja'd...

I don't know how the animation part module performs if you randomly add wheel colliders to it, might result in an even larger failure.

Edited by Kreuzung

I'm not sure which version was in the zip you tested, the new one seems to work fine for me. You do need to use one of the included decouplers. Anyway, good news for those of you who get through the server implosion to read this: TiberDyne 3.0 is released! Get it here: http://www./download.php?h6u46js96fn94zx Edit: if you downloaded before 11:21PM CST (4:21AM GMT) then you need to download again, as the file was missing 4 part folders. Sorry about that. The front post is half-way updated, I'll fix it better when the server allows. As always, provide feedback (when you can post again!)

Edited by Tiberion

So.. I screwed up and left out some stuff in the first download. I removed that link and replaced it, but if you downloaded it more than an hour ago you need to grab it again.

So sorry :(

http://www./download.php?h6u46js96fn94zx

I was just going to make a post here about how the Ships where not loading for the Buran.

This mod is fantastic and I love it!

The only thing i would like is if you would update the cargo bay to be cross fuel fed capable. otherwise the top half tank under the RCS tank goes unused because the fuel cant go through the cargo bay.

It doesn't matter for the Buran shuttle since the fuel lines feed the atmosphere engines, but the nasa style shuttle doesn't ever use that top fuel tank and it goes to waste.

This was my only input on the matter and i will play around with editing the part myself. I did not know if this was intentional on your part, or if you just overlooked it.

Thanks again!

Its sort of intentional for two reasons; There's a bug with fuel flow that was causing the main engine to get disconnected with fuel flow turned on when using the Intrepid wing-tanks.

Secondly, the Intrepid wing-tanks can't actually hold fuel without a plugin currently. So I explicitly set up so that forward fuel tank feeds the jet engines and not the main engine. Its not optimal, and the fuel system on the shuttle remains a work in progress since I am currently sticking to "stock" solutions.

The part.cfg should have flag in there, just change fuelcrossfeed from false to true. You can also swap places and move the cargobay forward a slot, or use fuel lines as alternative solutions.

I am hoping for more improvements in a future version to make both this issue and the cargobay keybind a non-issue. Finger's crossed :)

Trying to get a shuttle into stationary orbit, but I'm using the radial mount engines as the orbital maneuvering engines instead of the ones provided in the pack (because it looks more "shuttle-ish"), and the shuttle just starts tumbling over itself whenever I throttle the engines after decoupling the boosters and EFT. Frustrating. :(

Trying to get a shuttle into stationary orbit, but I'm using the radial mount engines as the orbital maneuvering engines instead of the ones provided in the pack (because it looks more "shuttle-ish"), and the shuttle just starts tumbling over itself whenever I throttle the engines after decoupling the boosters and EFT. Frustrating. :(

Yeah because those included in the pack have custom thrust vectors specifically designed for the shuttle. Also, I would respectfully disagree that the stock radials look more like the real OMS packs than those in my mod. :)

And Bully: Not currently, sorry. they're locked into whatever you have your landinggear key mapped to. It'll change in the future (I hope)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.