[0.24.2] TiberDyne Aerospace R&D Division - Shuttle System 3.6 Career Update!

Tiberion

Hello. I'm having trouble as the game is not reading any of the contents of the mod files. I've followed the instruction notes as precisely as I can, though I will have to look more into what I may have did wrong. I am using ksp version 0.20.2. Will the mod be able to run with this version of the game?

the title of the thread clearly states [0.19] meaning that this mod works for version 0.19 of the game.

And the developer "clearly" stated:

... people.

Yes, of course it will be compatible with 0.21. Lets not be obtuse.

...so you might want to sound less pedantic when people have the expectation that it should work with 0.21. :wink:

And the developer "clearly" stated:

...so you might want to sound less pedantic when people have the expectation that it should work with 0.21. :wink:

He is meaning that once he updates it then it will be compatible with .21.1, if you don't want to do the research and go back and read what he wrote originally(because you know that's what forums are for), then plan to get a response like that. Oh and not to be pedantic about your response but pedantic is not the right word, that means over obsessed with the details.

Do you understand the word "tautology", too? Because you're trying to convince me that he said "when I update it for 0.21 it will of course be compatible with 0.21" which is a pointless and needless tautology. Since it couldn't possibly mean what you interpret it to mean, it's perfectly reasonable for MR.Mac to arrive at his conclusion.

If that's not what was meant, then the real issue is people who don't say what they mean, and mean what they say. Can't blame the listener for an error in the transmission.

As for the thread title? there are a lot of 0.21-compatible mods that have old thread titles that remain to be updated. If you spent as much effort trying to understand people as you do trying to correct them, you'd be more useful.

Do you understand the word "tautology", too? Because you're trying to convince me that he said "when I update it for 0.21 it will of course be compatible with 0.21" which is a pointless and needless tautology. Since it couldn't possibly mean what you interpret it to mean, it's perfectly reasonable for MR.Mac to arrive at his conclusion.

If that's not what was meant, then the real issue is people who don't say what they mean, and mean what they say. Can't blame the listener for an error in the transmission.

As for the thread title? there are a lot of 0.21-compatible mods that have old thread titles that remain to be updated. If you spent as much effort trying to understand people as you do trying to correct them, you'd be more useful.

I see one glaring flaw with your idea, .19 mods are completely incompatable with .20 or even .21, due to this, and your lack of reading comprehension, you have completely mistaken what tyberion had said.

I comprehend very clearly what he intended to say - the fact is, his claim was wrong. He made a statement of certainty before knowing what it entailed. That's why MR.Mac had the expectation that it would work.

The problem isn't my comprehension - it's with people who don't say what they mean, and mean what they say. If that's not what Tiberion intended, he should have chosen his words more carefully. I'm more inclined to think that even Tiberion thought the mod would continue working when he made that statement.

Basic English: "Will be" is future tense, meaning it WILL BE compatible with 0.21(.1) IN THE FUTURE - when the update is released. If it was 0.21 compatible now, I would have it labeled such, I promise.

I'll repeat it since it seems to be required.

The current update is not compatible with the newest version of the game. An update is currently underway which will be compatible with 0.21.1. Thatis it, its really simple.

Please don't argue in my thread.

Basic English: "Will be" is future tense, meaning it WILL BE compatible with 0.21(.1) IN THE FUTURE - when the update is released. If it was 0.21 compatible now, I would have it labeled such, I promise.

I'll repeat it since it seems to be required.

The current update is not compatible with the newest version of the game. An update is currently underway which will be compatible with 0.21.1. Thatis it, its really simple.

Please don't argue in my thread.

All I can say is I can't wait :cool:

Everything is upscaled to the new size and converted to the proper config style, and is.. flying properly... mostly.

Working on converting the volumes and masses to the new size, and then engine power to match.

Gonna invtestigate other thrust vector controllers and such too, and I might work on getting an 'arm' part properly sized for the shuttle to use with the plugin(s) that support them.

Also, I'm looking for someone else to perhaps work on the Explorer shuttle model again, haven't spoken to Pirate in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested, I have a working version of this for 0.21. It requires a bit of work on your part but its easily done:

1) Download the mod from Spaceport

2) Take out each part individually and arrange into the .21 setup (Pictured below)

GWsd09k.jpg

3) for every part you wish to use (I have only selected the US shuttle parts for my version, but you can have as many as you like) edit each CFG to have

PART

{

at the start of every file and

}

at the end of every file (pictured below)

8qUr8tF.jpg

4) DO NOT USE THE MAIN SHUTTLE ENGINES!!! the plugin used to control pitch vector is broke in .21... instead install Tohou Torpedo's Pitch-Vector Engines:

KSPSpaceportPitchVectorEngine2.png

5) Shuttle fuel tanks in this mod use custom resources such as LOX, if you do not wish to use these you can replace LOX with Oxidzer and it will work to the same effect (almost, you have extra oxidizer but its not much) (Pictured below)

ZvUEAqa.jpg

6) This mod also uses the old SAS/ASAS system and needs to be updated, for the shuttle cockpit you can use the stock mk3 system (copy and paste) and for the nose cone use the stock avionics package

6QPrEsA.jpg

7) Profit!!! once complete you will have a fully working Tiberion shuttle booster system mod :D

GPhzj5D.jpg

8) OPTIONAL: Get the Dromoman mod, its lets you create canadarms

dromopic.jpg

9) OPTIONAL: Why not add your own decals to the wings? the mod comes with blank version for you to play with and can be found in the wings folders

QTaCuoA.png

if anyone gets stuck with this lemme know and i'll see if I can help

4) DO NOT USE THE MAIN SHUTTLE ENGINES!!! the plugin used to control pitch vector is broke in .21

Thats not true. The plugin is working like it should. My shuttles are using it all the time and not a single one crashed at launch. Reentry and gliding is a different story xD. Just don't put it into the gamedata folder and use the legacy method.

Guess ir depends on what other mods your running. I have had bad luck with this plugin and lazor systems plugin when either is used along side KAS.

Actually I havent tried this plugin, but the one for Component Shuttle mod is named the same, and I tested that one.

Any time I use KAS along with EngineTcompensator or Lazor systems plugin i get random full craft explosions. I have done alot of testing and bug hunting, mainly with lazor plugin and kas...but no one else seems to have these issues so my reports are brushed aside. Havent tested to much with the engine plugin, but was trying out component shuttle the other night and had 2 flights explode for no reason, removing either the engine compensator or KAS fixed it...but KAS is not something Im willing to part with, I use it way to much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.