[0.24.2] TiberDyne Aerospace R&D Division - Shuttle System 3.6 Career Update!

Tiberion

I have the original un-cut mesh, could add a collider and make a big fuselage for a Beluga-style plane.

The fairings on the cargopod won\'t have collision except at the bases, at least for now - colliders are annoying.

Right now I am making some launcher stands for the shuttle/pod - and then I need to make an adapter so you can place bigger payloads up in the 'wide' part of the pod, which is off center.

I\'m having some problems with the cargo launcher; It\'ll get off the pad just fine, but it\'ll only use one of the four main tanks. That burns out, then i\'m flipping like there\'s no yesterday.

Could be because the thing connections all the way at the bottom of the tank stack, I\'ll see if I can nudge it to make it work - it may have to wait for fuel lines (we need them for proper function of the EXT anyway)

A little something I\'ve been working on today:

9UhLz.png

Its 3 pieces, winglet, tank, and control canard :)

Not really, I just sort of make some canards that fit 'in line' with the shuttles wings

comradphil: the issue is getting the thing to fly straight with a variety of weights - either booster is heavy and the shuttle or payload lifter tries to tip it one way, or the tank starts emptying and the booster pushes the other way - it takes a high-range of gimbal to allow the whole thing to compensate for the weight distribution - and this is all without trying to make JUST the shuttle do the lifting in EXT mode (or vice versa in Energia-only booster mode)

Once we have fuel lines, the weight is going to shift differently again, so too much tuning is wasted at this point

I would be interested in a screen of your launcher to see how its balanced and what changes might be made.

Quack quack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.