Stuck on what to do.

Dusty926

I've sent rovers and probes to multiple planets, landed kerbals on many other places, put 5 stations in orbit around Kerbin and Duna, reached Eeloo, got real close to Moho, and I just don't know what to do. I don't like sending rovers to new places anymore because they really have no purpose other than look cool on another cool looking planet. Sure there's the scientific tools for temperature and atmosphere, but what else? I don't want to land on any other places anymore because I've already got tons of flags on pretty much every planet except Moho and Jool *Jool for obvious reasons* I tried forcing myself to do a budget thing with missions and all, but because it was all in my head I didn't find it very fun. However career mode will probably fix that for me. I've built tons of planes/spaceplanes but those get boring after a while. The problem: I've come down with the minecraft syndrome. I've done so much, that there isn't much left for me to do. Any suggestions, please?

Note: If this is put in the wrong section, I do apologize, and could a mod move it if so? Also, WALL OF TEXT! RUN!

I don't yet use Kethane, but based on everything you've done, it sounds like you either already have the infrastructure or know how to set it up.

Change up your mods - try the game from a different angle! There's too much to do to possibly say you've "done it all".

*Jool for obvious reasons*

There you go! Use Hooligan's airship mod and KAS (though you should open up the winch config and set the line length to 150m or so), and make a base on Jool, using airships strung together with KAS. I've tested it, it can be done.

Also, as to the nebula skybox from yesterday, completely unrelated: You need that Universe Replacer mod, and Rareden's 4K starfield pack. Then just take this pic and use it to replace Rareden's Skybox_PositiveX pic.

http://www./?iro5u92dqxjf4di

Well, it's a normal thing, I think, once you've done all the explore this and explore that missions you can dream up.

Next,... Start a company and see if you can make better and more efficient craft for doing actual work than everybody else. We gotta compete some how. So get to building.

Here's my company thread. What can you put together?

Try building a 100 kerbal orbital base...

SSTO for 15 Kerbal or more... etc...

SSTO with 15 kerbals isnt hard...

there is a 16crew command pod + cargo bay mod

and lifting that to orbit isnt too hard...(just need a minimal degree of airhogging ~4intakes-to-1engine or some separatron boost when the air depletes)

I am very doubtful if this could be done (due to lag) but if you could do it, more power to ya:

I am wondering if it is possible to build a single continuous ring structure made up of spacecraft parts, orbiting on a single plane, around the Mun. I'd say Kerbin instead of Mun but it would possibly just kill the computer with lag due to the number of parts. This structure would form the perimeter of the object you're orbiting...so maybe you could see the structure from the space port itself. I am not talking about a space station but rather an orbital ring.

Three words: After Action Reports! Launch a mission to wherever the heck you want, take notes on everything that happens, and build a short story around it!

Where is the correct place these days to post mission reports, without spamming general discussion etc? Can anyone just create a blog to record their exploits for example?

I am wondering if it is possible to build a single continuous ring structure made up of spacecraft parts, orbiting on a single plane, around the Mun. I'd say Kerbin instead of Mun but it would possibly just kill the computer with lag due to the number of parts. This structure would form the perimeter of the object you're orbiting...so maybe you could see the structure from the space port itself. I am not talking about a space station but rather an orbital ring.

Like the Dyson Ring forming the moon base in Starship Troopers. Just like trying to build a Space Elevator, the physics would crash everything long before completion. It would probably take a mod to place such an object around Mun or some other location.

Do try some multiple launch missions to test efficiency in both cost of the craft and fuel needed.

Set up a Voyager style mission using a probe and modest sized launcher. To be successful, you would need to plan the mission to last several years as well as having to set up multiple slingshot maneuvers to gain the delta V needed for escape velocity from the Kerban system.

Sounds like you've done so much, maybe it's time for a real change of pace... Start building craft for other people. There are a couple of people out there doing it now, but if you really want a challenge, take requests, get requirements, then design, build, test, and deliver a working system to your "client".

Sounds like you've got the experience having done almost everything, so use it to benefit the community as well as give yourself the next thing to do with the game. You could go all stock parts, you could hammer out the required mods with your "clients" etc.

Good Luck!

SSTO with 15 kerbals isnt hard...

there is a 16crew command pod + cargo bay mod

and lifting that to orbit isnt too hard...(just need a minimal degree of airhogging ~4intakes-to-1engine or some separatron boost when the air depletes)

Really? Well I'm trying really hard to do this ... My head almost catched fire thinking about it yesterday...

I actually also got burned out for KSP recently but then i tried MC( not minecraft!) mission control, that sort of career mod, and it was so fun building tiny rockets, managing my missions (carrying stuff for 2 missions) i did everything the same like before but some roleplay bulb turned on in my head and it is fun again, especially i love when i get some building requirements like put 5 comunicatrons 88-88 and 3x long antennas mmmm... fun! i also installed FAR for the first time to have my career as real as possible so it would require procedural fairings for my stuff. And that is my story :)

P.S. i completely ditched asparagus staging system, it is also fun to have different than usual rockets

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.