What so you think is going to be in the .22 update?

Titan Space Agency

What do you think is in the next update?  

1. 1. What do you think is in the next update?

• Resource mining.
    • Mony and other campain system stuff.
    • Just an update with more parts.
    • Part rebalencing
    • Female kerbals
    • Biger part sizes (3meter)
    • Better aerodynamics
    • Deadly reentry
    • Observatory
    • None of the above (post ideas below)

I'm going to go with "slight whacky physics" being a strong contender. ;)

Jokes aside, I do hope something akin to sub assembly management is introduced. It makes modular building easier, and ties into the whole recycling vibe. But by far the biggest update for me will be when/ if flight and the physics/ rules associated with it get an overhaul; currently aircraft work, but there's some really hilarious physics rules still (infini-glide, sudden expulsion of parts from Kerbol solar system, etc) that make flight a bit derpy.

As much as I *want* a new aerodynamic model, I suspect it won't be changed until well-after career mode gets flushed out a bit more. Since that's their current push, I suspect money and missions are probably close on the horizon.

Also, some part rebalancing is long-overdue. Actually, of all the things they could do next patch, this would take very little time (only a few hours, maybe a day or two) and would be very welcome. I'm tired of using the bulkier Mk2 Fuselage because it is lighter and carries more fuel than the Mk1.

Kerbal training.

Maybe missions in mission control. (would love it if they'd post up the criteria for writing missions so we could submit missions for them to include)

Tweakables (starting a launch with empty or partially filled payload fuel tanks)

Improved backgrounds for the Crew management and a UI and background for Mission control.

More procedural makeovers for the planets.

Better aerodynamics if they feel like tackling that.

Spaceport 2 is reportedly coming along nicely and soon... so maybe support for loading in mods from Spaceport 2 directly in the Running KSP program will be in the next update.

That video said nothing about Subassembly being in .22

Edited by FITorion

Kerbal training.

Maybe missions in mission control. (would love it if they'd post up the criteria for writing missions so we could submit missions for them to include)

Tweakables (starting a launch with empty or partially filled payload fuel tanks)

Improved backgrounds for the Crew management and a UI and background for Mission control.

More procedural makeovers for the planets.

Better aerodynamics if they feel like tackling that.

Spaceport 2 is reportedly coming along nicely and soon... so maybe support for loading in mods from Spaceport 2 directly in the Running KSP program will be in the next update.

That video said nothing about Subassembly being in .22

I don't think you watched it until the very end.

I've heard there are many issues with freezing and crashing NOT attributed to graphics/physics setting and hardware. Mine seemed to be with wanting to have a 4k experience on a MacBook Pro. :D But in all seriousness, form follows function. I'm not too concerned with everything else, just a fun, smooth, efficient game experience.

Well the basic infrastructure is laid out...

then this was said in KSP 30 july

Daniel (DanRosas): Assigning myself new tasks for the update, and starting to estimate times. So far this tasks involve working on new 2D assets for the game, like a backdrop for the Astronaut Complex. Then I’ll keep on working on the new kerbal characters to populate the Space Center in the near future.

So the next update will MAYBE add some mission, or at least add some more different kerbals with I SUPPOSE we will be able to interact with.

So no Resources right now ... And in my personal opinion they are almost pushing this to a DLC in the future and may not be in the main game

I did... and then the next video starting playing...

9:54 in the video.

Anyway, almost all of these things seem like they're a little farther off than .22. What I wold like to see most though would be a background for the Astronaut Complex. Also, if a Kerbal dies, they stay under the lost tab. Currently for me that tab gets cleared when I exit the game. I would also like the have it say KIA for the Kerbals if we witnessed them die, but if we end the flight from the space center it says MIA. Just a little touch like that I think would be cool. Also, something to do with the new building that has no purpose yet.

We probably won't get anything we can actually make much use of. Hopefully though, they'll fix the SAS completely and fix a couple of other bugs at least. Seems like it would be real easy to get some of those modders to add some parts too, but that seems to be going real slow.

9:54 in the video.

Which isn't squad confirming it, even in the video Scott uses words like "probably," "hinted," etc. Is it likely? Yes. But not confirmed by squad in that video, and the info Scott is referring to doesn't sound like a confirmation either.

Not that I'm saying that it won't be there, but there has been at least one other occasion where something regarded as confirmed by the devs didn't make it into the patch. When asked about it, the devs said "Where did you get the idea that we were going to do that?" at which point the community just looked around confused, as noone had any clue where the idea had come from originally, and noone had tracked down the supposed confirmation, they just assumed that whoever had started the idea had verified the confirmation.

I think that they may add a crew manifest-like program in it, as that needs to be done soon.

Why do we need that when we have already got it in game? You can add Kerbals to more than one capsule now by clicking on the Kerbal next to the action groups icon. As long as you've hired enough Kerbals, with that you can put your ship up to maximum capacity.

So no Resources right now ... And in my personal opinion they are almost pushing this to a DLC in the future and may not be in the main game

And IMHO that's baseless speculation. They've said resources will come, but were right to prioritise campaign mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.