Space Station

Javster

I have a space station in orbit around Kerbin. I don't know what I could add to it... :confused:

It has:

1 observation module

2 escape pods (both with Kerbals)

1 core

1 medium -> large docking adaptor

If anyone has any ideas please post them...

Fuel Storage.

Put another one in Mun orbit.

Then use them. Launch a REALLY small lander into orbit, with barely enough fuel to get to dock. Refuel, then go to the mun station, refuel, and land, and come back using the fuel stations.

I would start with docking a core with more docking ports... and getting a power system up there... a few ginator panels on scaffolding.

The Fuel Storage... equivalent of 2 large orange tanks...

I am trying to imagine your setup now.... I assume the ore is the center, with a copula of one kind or another on top and 1 one pods (the black ones) sticking out left and right with a little fuel and a small engine to de orbit. Finally a docking port on the bottom?... A pic would help

Alacrity

For the stock game, your station already has everything "needed". Perhaps add some kind of docking area, so that multiple vessels could dock at the same time. (Mine was just a six-way node with structural fuselages to project four docking ports out away from the rest of the structure.)

Since your basically done with practical things, the next options are fictional (roleplay stuff like the mass relay, comm array, and science modules already suggested), and/or modules inspired by your favorite mods.

Tried the Kethane mod? You could put Kethane refinery parts onto the station, along with Kethane storage, and fuel storage.

Now the station has actual game use as a fuel refinery and a fuel depot. Put one around Minmus - high up the Kerbin gravity well - and you can mine fuel from Minmus and refuel vessels before setting off on interplanetary burn. That allows you either smaller/more efficient interplanetary missions, or loads of excess delta-v when you get to the target (very handy if it's a mission to Jool; you'll want to be able to hop from moon to moon).

Theres very little stuff to add thats a necessity, currently its all about style.

To give you some ideas here is mine.

Got a docking ring in the center for large ships, got 3 small docking rings on the sides and top and then the tiny one on the bottom. Then i got what i like to call an observation/traffic tower (kinda like a tower at the air port). Then on the bottom i got immediate living quarters, Then i got fuel storage area. Last night i added about 60k of xenon. Will add few more orange tanks to it eventually. At last ensure you keep your stations open. Theres more docking rings at the end of the fuel storage area. Also if you look closely the area between the orange tanks and the white tanks by the fuel storage is detachable, so as soon as i use up the fuel i'll toss the extra pieces leaving only orange tanks.

screenshot0_zpscfcd2760.png

Tried the Kethane mod? You could put Kethane refinery parts onto the station, along with Kethane storage, and fuel storage.

Now the station has actual game use as a fuel refinery and a fuel depot. Put one around Minmus - high up the Kerbin gravity well - and you can mine fuel from Minmus and refuel vessels before setting off on interplanetary burn. That allows you either smaller/more efficient interplanetary missions, or loads of excess delta-v when you get to the target (very handy if it's a mission to Jool; you'll want to be able to hop from moon to moon).

You're thinking too far ahead... I haven't started doing interplanetary stuff yet. Thanks anyway.

Theres very little stuff to add thats a necessity, currently its all about style.

To give you some ideas here is mine.

Got a docking ring in the center for large ships, got 3 small docking rings on the sides and top and then the tiny one on the bottom. Then i got what i like to call an observation/traffic tower (kinda like a tower at the air port). Then on the bottom i got immediate living quarters, Then i got fuel storage area. Last night i added about 60k of xenon. Will add few more orange tanks to it eventually. At last ensure you keep your stations open. Theres more docking rings at the end of the fuel storage area. Also if you look closely the area between the orange tanks and the white tanks by the fuel storage is detachable, so as soon as i use up the fuel i'll toss the extra pieces leaving only orange tanks.

screenshot0_zpscfcd2760.png

Wow! That's a big station.

Wow! That's a big station.

It just got bigger. The pods on the side that you see lined up are emergency escape pods. Each has a small tank to get the lander slowed so i can land on the planet using a parachute.

1149194_10151573383456725_2140647995_o.jpg

Edited by Tripzter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.