Next additions to the Kerbol System?

Kerbin-JP

Somehow I think that a supermassive terrestrial planet with a behemoth atmosphere would be too intimidating for a little player like me to be interested in.

Of course it would have to sit where Tyche theoretically sits. With such a titantic challenge, adding another layer to it wouldn't be all that much harder

More space. I'd like to see some really small asteroids orbiting Moho or Dres or something. I don't really know though. I'm not that into interplanetary travel, so I usually stick within the Kerbin system and there so I have mastered building bases and stations on the two moons. Maybe the Mun could have an asteroid in orbit, but that may be a little ambitious.

A couple I would like to see. I wouldn't mind a larger planet with a moon that also has a moon (maybe make it retrograde fro kicks).

But something I would love to see even more is a planet with a really low moon. Something really small, and with a super low density (think a moon made of styrofoam). What I would like is to really be able to see the moon pass over when your on the surface, and I'm trying to decide if having the moons SOI extend to the planet surface would be really cool or just horrifying (imagine landing on the planet only to have the moon roar past and essentially fling your ship into the 'air' (this seems more plausible without an actual atmosphere).

To be clear, I am thinking a moon in the tens of kilometers off the surface, maybe lower hundreds. Just think it would be really neat to watch, and the idea that you could get hurled into the sky or smacked out of it by a mountain hugging moon is kind of neat.

I'd like to see another planet that could support life. Maybe a small asteroid with an eccentric, elliptical orbit around Kerbol. It could come close to Kerbal once in the orbit, maybe it could be visible from The Mun or Minmus. It could be a Kerbal version of Cruithne.

It'd look very lush in some places, with grass and lakes, but still rocky beyond those points. It'd give you something harder to aim for after you've been to Laythe.

I want Lathe to have more landmass

I want the tiny lava hell planet that orbits only a couple thousand km from Kerbol

That about covers all teh ones I want to see before the end of the school year (mid-may)

Why would you want more land? It's nice to have a planet where there's a lot of water to miss...

The tiny lava hell planet would be Moho. Any closer to Kerbol and the dV requirements would be beyond ridiculous.

With one deep canyon at the widest point....call it "Jinx".

A quatloo to whomever catches the reference.

Are you Sirius?

Just because they added Kzin to the TOS Animated Series doesn't mean you should be using ST currency in Known Space. :D

Edited by Hrdina

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.