Already Suggested List

Recently we have been seeing a lot of repetition in the suggestions forum, which makes it harder for original ideas to be noticed. Here you can find a list of topics that have been either suggested many times before or have produced exceptionally fruitful discussions. If you have an idea that has already been suggested please post it in one of these threads instead of starting a new one. For topics that have been suggested many times, the link is to the most recent/popular thread.

Each suggestion also has a development status:

unknown - no comment from a developer

planned - planned for KSP 1.0

maybe - devs think it's a good idea, but reserve the right to change their minds

expansion - not planned for the 1.0 release, but possible subject for an expansion/DLC

not planned - currently not planned for any version of KSP ever

The Universe/Interstellar Travel

Career Mode

• "Lose" condition(s) [1]
  • Contracts [1]
  • Improvements to science/Integration with discovery mechanic [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
  • Improvements to the tech tree [1]
  • Science over time [1]
  • Giving sandbox mode the features of career mode [1][2]
  • More uses for science parts [1][2][3][4]

Parts

• Fuel-consuming electric generators [1]
  • LVNs act as RTGs [1]
  • Propellers/oxygen-less jets [1][2][3]
  • More plane parts [1][2]
  • Procedural parts [1][2]
  • Unlockable upgrades to existing parts [1]
  • Small jet engines [1]

Construction

Flight

Kerbals

User Interface

• More craft types [1][2]
  • Change nav ball appearance [1][2]
  • Docking alignment indicator [1]
  • Improvements for the color blind/making things easier to see [1][2][3]
  • More start menu screens [1][2]
  • Set vessel type in VAB/SPH [1]
  • Discount flags as "Flights in Progress" and/or stop them showing by default in the Tracking Station [1]
  • More advanced or intuitive fuel transfer options [1]

Optimization

Miscellaneous

This list may be incomplete, so please post here or let a moderator know if you think it is missing something.

Thanks to Scoundrel for helping me create/organize the list, and thanks to all users who are involved enough to word their ideas and share them with the development team, all the moderators who have helped sort the suggestions and of course to the developers for creating a great game.

Edited by chaos_forge
Removed Some Suggestions which have now been implemented as features.

This thread is not for the discussion of any of the above linked topics. Please go to the topic from one of the links and discuss it there. If you have an addition or correction, please keep it simple and just post the needed information.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Addition:

Thank you, I've added the ones that I could match to one of the existing categories.

Also unmentioned: Switch to another Engine

Could you please clarify what you mean by this or provide a link?

First person EVA view has been said many times now, so that should probably be put on the list.

Done.

awwwwww kerbal insanity would be awesome someone make a mod

Please read Capt'n Skunky's post:

This thread is not for the discussion of any of the above linked topics. Please go to the topic from one of the links and discuss it there. If you have an addition or correction' date=' please keep it simple and just post the needed information.[/quote']

I mean switching to another, (sorry to say that) real Game Engine. It was also in the "What not to suggest" Thread here.

Suggestions in the do-not-suggest list are not included in this list.

How about dynamic ladders lenght?

Included under "Procedural parts"

What about the other 4?

Btw. Addition (very nice idea):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...gestion%28s%29

Only the most popular suggestions are included in the list. If every single suggestion was included, the list would be too overwhelming.

I've added the extra link to the "more planets" category.

Only the most popular suggestions are included in the list. If every single suggestion was included, the list would be too overwhelming.

About the Duna thing (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44506-Making-the-procedural-terrain-generator-to-make-some-flat-areas-on-Duna-too).

It actually was suggested before, I just made a Suggestion topic of it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/42888-No-dry-lakes-on-Duna-for-spaceplanes

It's quite important for all spaceplanes pilots. :(

This also was suggested before (it just got lost):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44622-Ability-to-set-vessel-type-in-VAB-SPH

About the Duna thing (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44506-Making-the-procedural-terrain-generator-to-make-some-flat-areas-on-Duna-too).

It actually was suggested before, I just made a Suggestion topic of it

This also was suggested before (it just got lost):

added.

Rover construction/testing facility:

added.

Hmm, shouldn't life support and female kerbals/visually distinct kerbals in general (just to list two examples) be here, along with a whole lot more stuff on the "Do not suggest" list that's there because it's been suggested many, many, times before, not because the developers are against including them.

Hmm, shouldn't life support and female kerbals/visually distinct kerbals in general (just to list two examples) be here, along with a whole lot more stuff on the "Do not suggest" list that's there because it's been suggested many, many, times before, not because the developers are against including them.

This list is separate from the do not suggest. Plus, the devs already know that everything on the do-not-suggest list has been asked for many times.

Another link to (didn't find more):

The universe/interstellar travel -> Bodies with axial tilt

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39439-Give-other-planets-some-axial-tilt

Already added. Don't forget to check the list, as I add any threads that I see that I remember have been suggested before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.