What aspects of the knowledge base do you want to see soon?

If you didn't know, the knowledge base is an in-development portion of the game. It's primary focus is to provide data to the player (some data you will need to collect yourself in future career mode) and reduce the need to alt-tab to the KSP wiki. Some portions of the knowledge base is already implemented, some of the most visible portions being the on-board resources tab at the top-right and planetary/craft data on the right of the map view.

What extra parts of the base do you want to have focus on (i.e. added to the game in .22, .23 etc)?

My dream addition is topographical data (height maps), ala the MapSat plugin. Sending out a probe to another world to chart the map sounds like an interesting task to do. One improvement I would add to it would be the ability to see on the height map where you will hit the ground, based on your current trajectory. This would be an insanely handy feature, as the non-atmospheric landing technique I use involves travelling a few hundred meters above the ground at orbital velocity, so knowing whether or not I will hit the ground is useful to know.

I would like to see something to find a landing spot without much difficulties. I don't know how exactly this would work but somehow I always land on uneven terrain. Maybe a map sort uf witch could also be used witch the resource system that will hopefully be added soon.

Topographic maps as mentioned by Drunkrobot would solve the landing difficulties Mefi282 mentions, and I would love to see that in the game.

The thing I most often tab to the wiki for though is terminal velocities, so I can know when to ease up on the throttle for a more efficient ascent. It would be great to have a device that would give a readout for this, perhaps relying on data from the barometer and the gravity meter.

It would also be helpful to display equatorial nodes in map view, to help plan inclination changes.

I'm not sure if either of these is strictly a knowledge base thing though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.