Resources: How Where and What?

So we know resources are on the way, and with the devs focusing on career mode, there's no doubt that we'll soon see the start of resources in-game. We already know that money will be a factor concerning building space craft. So how will we get this money? Will it be strictly on the merits of scientific discovery? Or is it going to include using space to create something of a business... Say building several solar stations in high orbit to beam heaping tons of electricity back to Kerbin to solve the energy crisis? (if they have that.) Mining asteroids? Sifting Helium3 from the Mun's surface? Pumping fuel from the oceans of Eve and shipping it back home? Scooping heavy ions from Kerbol's chromosphere? ...

Okay, I've run out of ideas. What do you think? Will it be strictly a plant a mining probe for fuel here, or will there be dozens of resources to gather and exploit? Add your resource ideas and economies!

Edit: I feel I should make a note: Not just what you predict will be in the game but what you'd like to see.

On getting money in the game you will probably get specific contracts from some outside group that will pay to put this station/ship/probe (or a custom made ship that has certain required components) at a given orbit of a given planet. Also perhaps you could sell some of the materials you are mining by returning them to Kerbin, if you don't need them for fuel. There is no rule saying the only thing the kerbals mine has to be fuel.

This is what I'd like to see:

lGlWdynl.png

Clicking the image will open a bigger version.

Unfortunately there have been rumours that it'll be simplified by a whole lot, which I suppose is understandable.

This would be incredible!

However not everyone has the brain for this or the desire to put in so much effort. It would be an idea to remove a tier per difficulty level.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.