Whats your current mission?

gmpd2000

As the title says, post here the mission or project wich you are currently working on.

Mine is a relay of sattelite network to test the probability of orbital collision.

So, whats yours?

Images would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by gmpd2000

Building up my space station. Currently, I have a Habitat module built and a solar array planned, but the Hab is waiting for the solar array (The Kerbals want power), which is waiting for helldiver's shuttle to come out so it can have a classy launch vehicle. I guess I'll add a fuel depot and yet-unmanned science lab while I wait.

I am sending my first mission to Moho because I am a complete scrub who never does any interplanetary stuff.

zoyFNXt.jpg

It's going very well though. 20 days to the plain change maneuver which should put me into an intercept only 100km above the surface.

My most recent mission was a rendezvous-and-dock of two unmanned probes around Kerbin at about 3,000,000m. First time I'd ever docked something, so I was very proud of finally doing that.

I am sending my first mission to Moho because I am a complete scrub who never does any interplanetary stuff.

zoyFNXt.jpg

It's going very well though. 20 days to the plain change maneuver which should put me into an intercept only 100km above the surface.

So... those clouds you have there lol.

I'm making a space station. The station itself is all stock parts (with MechJeb added to command pods); although, most of my boosters used procedural fairings and occasionally one custom fuel tank from PartGen (but made to fit within the game).

vOQKK2I.png

The station is at 20.66 degree inclination at 250 km. This means it can have more sunlight and go over more land, and can gt flight from KSC 2 (if there's ever a way to launch from there...). But it makes rendezvous hard (parking orbit, inclination change, Hoffman transfer, etc...).

It took 17 (Successful) Launches and 19 Dockings maneuvers to build. Although I used MechJeb for the initial dockings, I found I had to perform most manually. I still have 4-5 more modules to add before it's complete (and probably a few reconfigs since the real ISS will get new modules and a reconfig soon). After it's done, I think I'll prob add some non-stock parts that more closely mimic the real ISS. Then I'll prepare to leave LKO.

that seems largely unnecessary, surely you could easily get the same payload to orbit with a much smaller part count.

Well, the payload was kinda big...

KRs4qan.png

That lander is a little more than 2 orange tanks high.

zoyFNXt.jpg

How'd you get those clouds? That's cool!

The current mission (and largest political argument topic, "SAVE THE PLANETS! WE ALREADY MESSED UP KERBIN SYSTEM, WHY MESS WITH TH OTHERS?!" "Do you want to live on this rock forever? I'd rather prefer to live on some other planet!") is to go to Eve.

Phase angles are the largest problem. My ship has more than enough dV to get there, but none of my protractor addons are doing it right.

My current mission was supposed to be a manned mission to Duna.

My new interplanetary cruise ship took on a secondary mission on its shakedown cruise and swung by Duna. Dropped off a communication satellite, a hitchhiker pod to serve as a life support module, and a rover before heading off to Eeloo.

Bob was supposed to return from Mun and take over the Duna project but the clutz broke the mun lander and is now stranded so my new mission is to rescue Bob.

Got a few going right now. Manned mission on the way to Jool, manned mission on the way to Duna, rover + satellites queued up for Moho, satellite queued up for Eeloo (both the Moho and Eeloo craft are in parking orbits), deciding what to send out for the Dres window, and I was about to send a small base to the Mun for Bob, Bill, and Jeb but I ran into the symmetry duplication bug which destroyed my craft file. :(

Just started the Aquarius Project, the first manned (Kerbaled?) missions to the Mun. Aquarius I crewed by Bob Kerman is currently about 370K above the Mun preparing to retrograde into an stable orbit for a few fly-bys before coming home again (I'll post pics tonight when I'm home and on KSP). Following this Jeb will be launched with Aquarius II to actually land on the Mun (previously landed a probe in preparation) so I'm trying to convince myself that I can do it without smearing him across the surface!

Just reached Duna, sent 5 rockets in the same transfer window was kinda fun to manage, working on a few "modular mobile base" + some "cool looking landing pad" and also some "re-usable maned/unmaned rover + skycrane + inside system low orbit taxi to the different station/spaceship"

More pict in my rocket company thread as soon as i get a full forum access to edit it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I have a few on the go:

- Exploration of Duna. I have a team down there on a rover, rovering about when I feel like it. There's a bunch of mini-probes in orbit, too.

- Eve orbital experimentation. There's a bunch of mini-probes in orbit around Eve and Gilly. I even smacked one into Eve to check how aerobraking worked.

- Munbase. Got a couple of base modules down there, and a broken rover-base. The latest update ate the functional rover-base, so I'm dropping another one there at some point.

- Kerbed mission to Eve. I decided my Duna lander would work fine, so I'm going to load it up and take it to Eve.

- Minimus base.

- Rescuing kerbals from orbit, the mun, and Duna. Later on, I'll do Eve as well.

- Get a space station up. Since I can't into docking yet, I'll just assemble it on the ground, THEN blast it up.

Proposed:

- Probe Dres

- Probe the Joolian muns, and Jool itself.

- Land kerbals on the above. Not on Jool, though.

- Clear up Kerbin orbit of old craft.

Getting ready for a crewed Duna expedition.

One large orange tank with 4 nuclear engines as the booster. This has a 6 way docking attachment on the end which is currently holding the lander, and will later hold the rover and a habitation module.

I'm hoping this booster can be re-used for other missions upon return Kerbin with the crew/bodies, perhaps to Jool's moons later on.

Get fuel out to Eeloo for my Eeloo and back mission. And since I'm going that far, I'm bringing a probe as well, to leave behind. Any interesting/reccomended places to land on Eeloo? I dot yet have the fuel to do it...

Currently underway, a rescue mission to get my three intrepid explorers back who got stranded on Duna when their lander tore itself apart when the parachutes deployed.

On intercept orbits to Duna are 2 nerva powered tugs, one pushing a lander/return vehicle capable of carrying 5 Kerbins (crewed by one), the other pushing an orange fuel tank and a ****load of RCS fuel to refuel the return vehicle and its tug for the trip back to Kerbin.

In planning, a Kethane survey mission of the Duna/Ike system, first probes are launching, early design studies for the mining and processing facilities have started, which will be tested on the already surveyed Kethan deposits on the Mun and Minmus.

This in preparation for an eventual permanent station around Duna with regular exploration missions to the surface.

Main mission now is an grand tour without refueling. Returning second stage from Moho to Eve where it will dock with first stage and burn for Duna, has 150 m/s dV left on second stage for adjusting for aerobraking and circulating.

After Duna second stage does Dress first while first stage goes directly to Jool and wait in Laythe orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.