Whats your current mission?

gmpd2000

Ongoing:

* Jeb, Bill and Bob are cruising on the surface of Mun

* A manned mission to Duna was succesfull (landed on Ike and Duna) and are now awaiting a launch window, coming along in 126 days

Planned:

* with a launch window approaching for Dres I'm building a Rover to explore Dres, together with some satellites.

* Shortly after the Duna crew burned for return, a launch window opens to go to Duna again, a space station is planned for Duna, all parts are ready to be shipped.

Still no single Kerbal lost :)

Current:

- Completed 250t refeuling/crew station in LKO

- Construction of a Mun Station for LMO in LKO, when it's completed a tug will pull it to the Mun

- Completed but yet unmanned Mun Base (when the first Kerbals on the Mun left the base they discovered the Neil Armstrong Memorial by accident)

- Operation: Move That Base: R&D on how to move 3 large wheeled base components (each weighing around 50t and quite big) from the bottom of a Mun crater to the Neil Armstrong Memorial. The crater rims are too steep and there doesn't seem to be a way out. Current focus is a sort of space barge that can land on the Mun and take one component in the "barge" before flying to the new location. Will post picture heavy report when succesfull, or in case of total and utter failure.

Planned:

- Setting up crew rotation and refueling schedule between Kerbin, the LKO station, the LMO station and the Mun base using re-usable transfer shuttles, landers and tankers.

- Construction of LDO Station to be send to Duna

- Construction of Duna Base using an updated version the Mun Base components

- Setting up crew rotation and refueling schedule between Kerbin and Duna

- Sending my first probe to the Jool system in preperation for a manned mission.

You can follow my exploits here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068097208/screenshots

I have several on the go right now:

- repair and upgrade my space station to allow for better refuelling options is underway; I put one part on intercept before shutting down for the night.

- a cis-Munar cargo tug is also on rendezvous with the station after deorbiting a badly-made docking adaptor as a test of its design

- 2 SSTO spaceplane prototypes under test; a lolheug one that I've put into orbit (but couldn't dock to my space station thanks to the muck-up in design I'm fixing above) and a smaller version I hope to use to eventually explore Laythe. Smaller one doesn't fly too well yet. Huge one flies alright but doesn't land too well. *cough*

- a "Munshack" awaits launch and eventual ferrying to the Mun as a crew-tended outpost.

- a sample return probe mission to Duna is en route, testing a) aerobraking B) launching from Duna's surface c) my interplanetary LV-N tug design.

- an Eve orbiter probe mission is in orbit; the launch window opens in a week's time in-game

- a Moho orbiter probe testing a cheap, all-ion mission profile is also in orbit awaiting its launch window in two weeks (more conventional design is awaiting launch). If it works, I'll use the design for a Dres orbiter when that window opens.

- a Jool fly-by probe mission is about a year out from its week-long encounter with the gas giant and its moons; I'm hoping the rendezvous engine on the probe can extend that, though I strongly doubt I can park it in orbit. (Aerobraking not an option with the antennae out, at least in my head-canon anyway.)

- a crewed mission to Duna is in development, with the interplanetary stage already in orbit and undergoing tests. Lander probes are already hooked up, and a rover probe is on-deck for launch, but I haven't got a crewed lander design I like yet. No rush, though, as it's months before the next Duna launch window opens.

Yeah, lots of irons in the fire.

-- Steve

Full mission to every moon in the Joolian system.

Actually I finished it.

So now I really am not doing anything really.

Except being stupid and messing around.

14 landings.

4 Probes.

No crew lost.

And somehow no explosions.

ug3k.png

k24x.png

Edited by Cooly568

I'm building my first (successful) space station.

Part 1 was self-sustaining habitation

Part 2 was fuel storage

Part 3 was a bit more fuel storage as well as a docking hub for future shuttles/ships/modules

Part 4 I'm just about to launch now, it's the power/propulsion unit, engines/fuel/batteries/solar/mono-fuel, and some xenon tanks incase future ships need it.

Probably planning on using one of the four ports for a permanent Kethane refinery, maybe one for more fuel storage, and the other two for transiting ships.

Also going to bring my two Kerbals from a not-so-successful station on board then send them home.

Currently working under 2 intiatives:

~THE TALYOS PROJECT:

-Mission goal: Probe to every body in Jool system using 2 carrier ships (2nd was not orginally planned, but needed to be independent to carry Tylo lander)

This one was quite a challenge, my first big step into the Kerbol system, as my crowning achievement is a very botched landing on Duna way back in .19. I just haven't put the time into followups. But i decided this would be the return to interplanetary space, a big project that's turned out to be quite fun. Currently shelved due to frustration with TWR/Delta-V management and design of a Tylo lander.

~HORIZON BASE:

-Mission Goal: Create and scale up a permanant Duna base with well oiled infrastructure and scientific study daily. Scale up through Schedule/Phased evolutions as base and tech progresses.

After Talyos got pretty tedious, i was inspired to make a proper (set) of landings and make a good and proper Duna base (thanks, katateochi). The Horizon base is actually planned in phases, i'm currently working on the Schedule 1 of the base design, which involves just setting down a static base with basic scientific capabilities for a crew of 8. I wanted to give a low overall task difficulty due to the fact that landing the base modules in the desired proximity range is going to be the most rigorous element. It'll have a hab complex, 2 Weather stations for atmospheric observation, a small geology field lab, a multirole rover for geo-treks and mobility (reg seating 4, emergen-c seating of 6), and 2 emergency bunkers designed to sustain the inhabitants until rescue arrives. I'm up to a total of landings 7 that i must execute. I still do need some tutorials and info on targeted atmo landings, but all the facility designs are complete.

The project's prephase also necessitates a training facility on Minimus that will serve as a training facility for recruit crews to specialize for their missions, such as acclimating them to life on a base. Bill, Jeb and Bob will be permanant instructors and overseers. Once the base is complete, the first rotation will arrive to train for the first shift at Horizon Base on Duna. The Scarborough Training base can be reconfigured to train for specific missions, and will see much use as a regular training facility

Also, further upgrades to Horizon in Schedule 2 and 3 intiatives are in the long term planning - schedule 2 calls for a mobile base detachment for geologic study trips.

Edited by Dynamo

- Test the 'Taubate - A' Spacecraft in a long mission to Eve

- Explore Gilly with a manned landing

- Send a Probe to the Eve surface

- Leave a rover and a probre for future measurements in the surface of Gilly

- Send the mission back to Kerbin, Refuel, change crew and depart for Dune

- Manned landing on Dune and Ike

- Orbital Mapping of the surface of Dune and Ike

- Probes and rovers for crew use and after the expedition, serve as Unmaned exploration vehicles

- Return to Kerbin and repeat the process...... (still planning :cool: )

-

PlJs3Pt.png

Home is so close! Refueling at Minmus. So close to Kerbin, my guys can taste the snacks already!

The fun part will be landing at KSP. You can't see, really, but there's no chutes. The crew cabin does not separate. I must land the whole thing intact.

I must.

Lets see.....

Completed missions :

4 Geo-stationary comm sats at kerbin, 90 degrees apart.

Minimus relay comm sat

Moho, Duna, Jool comm sats in orbit

On going missions

KSS21 : 8 build flights completed, 5 or 6 left

Polar sat 1 : In a 50 000 km polar orbit around Kerbin, waiting for resupply and more crew to replace the single crewman aboard now

Eeloo comm sat : In LKO waiting for launch window.

Eve comm sat : In Solar orbit , waiting for a manuver node to take it to Eve

Dres multiprobe: In orbit at dres, waiting for someone to send it the command to investigate the canyon.

Planned missions

Mun base 1

Duna, Eve, and Jool manned stations

Various landers and rovers to be designed/dispatched and crashed into various planets :D

Boris

I'm currently placing my long term comms network with Remote Tech. It includes a long range and a short range component.

The long range component connsists of one low Kerbin orbiting space station, which incidentally also doubles as a refueling depot, and two stations placed just outside Kerbin's SOI (one is immediately prograde, and the other is retrograde.

This way no matter where my manned station is in its orbit, it can broadcast control over unmanned crafts effectively anywhere in the solar system.

The short range array primarily serves the Mün but is also designed to serve Minmus as well. It consists of three small comm sats in an equilateral array at geosynchronous orbit with one of the points being directly over KSC. This is complemented by a similar array in a 500km orbit around the Mün, effectively allowing KSC to communicate with any point inside of Minmus' orbit, with no dark spots on the far side of the Mün.

I place all of these resources manually, with enough maneuvering capacity that they could plausibly keep their stations indefinitely. I then go into the persistence file and edit their orbits to be exactly what they need to be, so I don't have to worry about drift over long periods of time warp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.