[0.21.1] Jebs Toolbox

dkendal

Jeb's Toolbox v1.0

https://github.com/Dkendal/jebs-toolbox

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/jebs-toolbox/

A part finder for the vehicle assembly building in Kerbal Space Program!

What does it do?

Makes it really easy to find parts, useful if you have a ton of mods! Jebs Toolbox is a super simple full text search tool for the vab and space plane hanger that let's you search on any text field in the part description/resources/name/author/manufactor.

Key bindings

press ctrl f to focus search box.

Installation

Like any plugin for KSP just drag and drop [../part-search/bin/plugins/Jebs-Toolbox.dll][Jebs-Toolbox.dll] into your ksp/plugin directory.

Can I contribute?

Of course! Just file an issue first and when you're done reference it in a pull request.

Edited by dkendal
added url to spaceport

It might become a great mod, one day; But right now it is and seems to be heading towards being, to put it simply, much inferior to the many other part search/sort engine mods out there.

To people interested in using this mod, I recommend the use of the Part Catalog Mod instead.

To dkendal (this mod's author), I recommend the same Part Catalog Mod, but as a reference.

Thanks for the trial's everyone, and I will add some pics in a moment.

I appreciate any bug reports and compatibility issues, so thank you for those as well.

So far there's possible issues with Part catalog, and sub-assembly so I'll be investigating those tonight.

• 2 months later...
It might become a great mod, one day; But right now it is and seems to be heading towards being, to put it simply, much inferior to the many other part search/sort engine mods out there.

To people interested in using this mod, I recommend the use of the Part Catalog Mod instead.

To dkendal (this mod's author), I recommend the same Part Catalog Mod, but as a reference.

The UI for Part Catalog Mod is absolutely terrible. I think I like this mod better, a simple box to quick find.

Although, something like Part Catalog Mod would be nice in this, but not as disgusting please. Just dynamically add buttons for categories of types such as probe, liquid fuel, solid booster, engines, etc etc... Something simple to click without all the nested menus!

The UI for Part Catalog Mod is absolutely terrible. I think I like this mod better, a simple box to quick find.

Although, something like Part Catalog Mod would be nice in this, but not as disgusting please. Just dynamically add buttons for categories of types such as probe, liquid fuel, solid booster, engines, etc etc... Something simple to click without all the nested menus!

I actually really like the many menus of PartCatalog. It's just what it says: a detailed catalog. If it had a text search (something I very often need), it'd be nearly perfect. I hope the compatibility issues in this plugin are resolved, because it would be the perfect companion to PC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.