Kerbalized Rockets

Guest Flixxbeatz

Guest Flixxbeatz

I must be missing a part in this pack, there\'s nothing I have that allows the adapter shroud to align with the 3x12 meter fuel tank. Which is annoying since I want to fly this and tried making a similar design.

I didn\'t used any 3m parts on that replica. That was just 1.75m :)

Guest Flixxbeatz

Nice Falcon replica, but it\'s one of the rockets that can\'t be kerbalized without using 'dedicated parts' for it at the moment (along with N1)

Though considered :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flixxbeatz

Nice... sorry for late reply :D

anyway, here\'s my version of Proton rocket

(something\'s wrong though - I\'ve accidentally put 8 first stage engines on it, which doesn\'t pose problem at all :D)

http://imgur.com/a/ozldL

Minotaur IV all solid ICBM repurposed for launching sats - Peacekeeper version.

4 solid stages and a small liquid engine on the satellite provides for a nice gps-sat like play.

Currently building new solid upper stages ( and liquids after that ) for stuff like this.

Swords to plowshares and all that :D

• 2 weeks later...

You call these rockets Kerbal? I\'ll show you what a real Kerbalized rocket(plane) is:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4481.0;attach=9632;image

It is a rocket that uses SRBs for landing gear, it\'s a rocket that breaks the sound barrier in the lowest atmospheric level; on the edge of what is possible and what is plain stupid. That is what a true Kerbalized rocket is.

It is a rocket that uses SRBs for landing gear, it\'s a rocket that breaks the sound barrier in the lowest atmospheric level; on the edge of what is possible and what is plain stupid. That is what a true Kerbalized rocket is.

Just breaking it or well exceeding it? M-50s from NovaPunch will get craft near 500m/s and above effortlessly.

Just breaking it or well exceeding it? M-50s from NovaPunch will get craft near 500m/s and above effortlessly.

It went a little faster than 500 m/s, but I am sure I can break it. Just remember that this is at about 750m above sea level, so the air is much thicker.

Guest Flixxbeatz

You call these rockets Kerbal? I\'ll show you what a real Kerbalized rocket(plane) is:

-snip-

By looking what\'s posted here, you can tell that a 'Kerbalized Rocket' means 'Earth\'s rockets recreated in KSP.'

Oh yea, I\'ve re-upped the thread\'s description again (seems like a forum update deleted it) for clarification. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.