[WIP] Foldaway Elevator - JonzCo Mobility Equipment

Jahulath

Presenting the all new JonzCo foldaway elevator!

This nifty gizmo will fit on any surface capable of attaching a JonzCo Foldaway Elevator! It has been especially engineered with not one but two directions of travel* and folds away neatly when not in use**.

WARNING: Care must be taken at any time working with high places and protective headgear is advised. Please refrain from pressing all of the buttons at the same time as the mechanism could be harmful to Kerbals under improper use.

*(up and down)

**(Please note that for purposes of this brochure "neatly" has been defined within section 2 paragraph 43 of the maintenance guide supplied on purchase)

Hi folks, I made a lift model and animated it. It's 8 meters long and has 2 animations, one for unpacking and one for up/down supported by the Firespitter mod by snjo, I need a little feedback before I put it on the spaceport because I want to expand a little and of course one 8 meter lift is pretty limited.

If I can get any advice I'll be grateful :)

You should be able to download here

And maybe these pics

wjGva3rh.jpg

Pa0UYbnh.jpg

LN3TAyBh.jpg

Edited by Jahulath

Will there be a version with a nonfoldable platform that we could attach other stuff to? I could see that version having all kinds of uses. Have you given any thought to making this an Infernal Robotics part?

Quick question, can it be stopped at any point? Or does it have to go up or down the entire distance before stopping? Either way, im gonna use this. :)

I would guess no. Typicaly animatins play from fame 1 to end frame (and then back the other way) when activated. However, once the MSI animator is released it can be used to make this do exactly what you want (MSIanimator works by forcing animations to play 1 frame at a time).

Not sure when it will be released but here is info:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39367-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Animator

Gristle, oddly my first version was exactly like that hehe. I discarded it because it's the equivalent of sticking a 1*1 structural panel to the side of your ship and in the most inconvenient way. I'll upload it for you so you can discard it yourself. Scratch that, it won't surface attach so it wouldn't be much use to you and it looks horrid sorry

Khaos thanks for the add, I have been looking at that thread as if they are going to post the plugin any second and they will but that's not "yet". I did get permission from the excellent snjo to use his FSAnimateGeneric and I should have that implemented by the end of this evening. By the look of his docs it better supports multiple animations as well as passing me the EVA functionality I want so badly plus a bunch of bells and whistles in that one module. When MSI comes out I will revisit and have a play, it's only a few lines of code anyway and packing all of Firespitter is frankly making me feel inadequate because it's not floating or fan powered etc, - it's just a lift :D

Colmo, Talisar;

If I could I would, that simple. My experience is all about modelling and I have no C++ or whatever so sadly I am begging around for better animators rather than getting in and owning it on the plugins :(

Edited by Jahulath

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.