Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

Gahd, the Enderdragon is complicated.

148zpep.png

1397 Verts, 977 Faces, 2518 Tris

And the texturing... wow.

(Not to mention the skinning/weighting)

All in all, it has been a 48 hour project. But I like the way it came out.

Universe, that looks great! The solar panel material & texture look particularly good.

New project since I have a little more time on my hands now. I'm trying to create an as close to 100% accurate Space Shuttle model as possible (within reason obviously - trying to match every single TPS tile to reality would be insane!)

I'm building it up section by section and then joining the sections together. Started with a basic model of the shuttle and then added the cockpit windows and built it up from there. Starting with the cabin/nose first and then moving back through the shuttle progressively, or that's the plan anyway.

Here's a first WIP:

2WvBSgg.jpg

Here you can see where I've started off with a low-poly fuselage section (the blank white bit) and have then layered tiles and panels atop of this. Holes have been cut for where the more complex interlocking tiles around the RCS ports will go. The materials are just placeholders at the moment, when the model itself is finished I'll go back and do a texture/material pass on it and add normal/bump maps and such. Next step is to finish off the RCS in this section.

Thanks!

Dat space shuttle......whoa. And I thought I was adding fine detail!! You, sir, get a cookie.

Universe

EDIT: I am still continuing work on the Soyuz. Its looking better and better! (IMHO)

K4D95Kf.jpg

Nice progress, Universe! Lots of detail. The docking probe looks like it's completely dark, is that just a reflection issue?

More work on the Shuttle cockpit. I've added more tiles around the RCS nozzles and added the side hatch. I also redid the tiles on the nose as they weren't in the correct alternating pattern. Temporary nosecone is also in place and I've done a little UV unwrapping and created a texture sheet of all the different orbiters' names which I can switch between, including Enterprise and Explorer (from Gravity.)

Ue0GS8e.jpg

The name looks a little blurred at the moment but I'm pretty sure that's a compositing issue. I used the lens distortion node and I think I had it turned up a bit too high. Next step is to finish off the blanket panels on the white section of the cockpit and all the little interconnecting tiles. Then I can add the top windows and start on the payload bay. I'm saving the TPS on the shuttle's base til last, since then I can just create a 'pavement' of tiles quite rapidly and then cut it to size and do a little reshaping.

Hey, thanks!

Yes, the docking probe texture needs to be fixed; I agree it is a little too dark.

And again...dat shuttle!

By the way, how did you simulate the solar panels disintegrating in the movie you posted earlier? If there is a tutorial you could point me at, that would be great!

Thanks!

The soyuz is looking very good :)

Good job on that space shuttle!

Some renders i made in Terragen, someday KSP will look like that without melting our computers :wink:

Mq8rlaO.jpg

elXw6Hn.jpg

kcR01zC.jpg

And my last Blender Render, alone with MechJeb:

Fst6uNZ.png

Cheers! :)

Universe, the solar panel destruction was achieved using shape keys for the large scale deformation and the explode modifier for the actual parts falling off. That station looks great so far!

Tajampi those terragen renders look beautiful. I particularly like the shot of the mountain casting a shadow over the clouds.

More progress with the Shuttle:

4b2bQTY.jpg

Cp61vO8.jpg

7x9r5Ik.jpg

C4ncCRX.jpg

I've begun extending the fuselage further back and adding the wings (very basically) and I've also redone the hull panels on the majority of the orbiter. I think the rims between them stuck out too far before. Still a long way to go!

Well. Finally back with a new more powerful computer. Wanting to get back into modeling but most of my knowledge has left me and I don't know what to model.

I never can just model to do it. I need to use it for something and I don't know where to apply it.

Any ideas on what to make and what to use it for?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.