Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

Well, seeing as no one has anything to say about my amazing animating skills, here's a still render i did.

http://i.imgur.com/qayxKko.png

It was made for imgur, but they decided that it wasn't worth more than -5 points...

Imgur is hosting service, why do you care about the community part?

Dooz: Nice, the atmospheric glow feels strange though. It looks lumpy especially around Jool.

Edited by Nutt007

Dooz: Nice, the atmospheric glow feels strange though. It looks lumpy especially around Jool.

Yeah I know its caused by Compositing its changing atmospheric glow based on color around it, for example the lighter shades of green causes it, The method im using is the Gaussian blur atmospheric glow, I might Re render it to fix these issues.

Edited by Dooz

• 3 weeks later...

cpzkQ7C.png

My first time making a UV Map and applying a real texture to a model. This may also become my first part for KSP (0.625m monoprop engine).

What do you think? I'm more interested in your C&C about the model, because the texture is just some random colors I chose to see if the UV Map worked in the first place. :P

The engine will probably get more details (tubes and such), but I don't know how to make a stock-a-like texture. Do any of you have a color palette from the stock parts?

Edited by astropapi1
Dem gramer mistakes doe

@astropapi1: I've got the same problem (Or, at least a similar one.)

I have some nice models that I've made, but no real texturing skills. A stock color palette would be very helpful, if someone could put a link up.

2mq5h1j.png

EDIT: I also haven't applied the normals map either :(. Just realized that.

Edited by Starwhip

@astropapi1: I've got the same problem (Or, at least a similar one.)

I have some nice models that I've made, but no real texturing skills. A stock color palette would be very helpful, if someone could put a link up.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2mq5h1j.png

EDIT: I also haven't applied the normals map either :(. Just realized that.

Here's a nice post by hoojiwana, where he explains the process of making stock-a-like parts:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24593-RLA-Stockalike-v10-released-11th-August?p=626987&viewfull=1#post626987

Anyway, I've made some serious progress on my little engine:

S9f7ycE.png

Basically, I searched for pictures of the RCS tanks on google and made the colors similar to them. I think it's good enough for taking it into the game. I wanted to add more details to it, but I realized that it's going to be really small and you won't be directly watching it all the time, so it's good enough. Also because I didn't want to spend more time drawing textures. :P

Here's what a second generation of the original textures (before I remembered it was a monoprop engine) looks like in that same position, just for reference:

fY8NXap.png

And now I just realized, I don't even know what a normal map is. :(

Can you make a KSP part without it? I just want to get this little guy in the game as soon as possible.

normal maps aren't really necessary except for where you want to make bump maps. example: a bolt pattern on a texture that extrudes a bit. But if that detail is in the model itself (i.e. actual bolts), then there really is no need for a normal map.

normal maps aren't really necessary except for where you want to make bump maps. example: a bolt pattern on a texture that extrudes a bit. But if that detail is in the model itself (i.e. actual bolts), then there really is no need for a normal map.

Oh, so that's what makes the bumpy thingies. I think I had read about it before. Thanks! :)

Love the pictures! Quick question, were the panel lines modeled or textured? They look great at the distance shown.

Just a texture. I believe it was an orthographic view I slapped on the model. In reality the lines were actually penciled on for the original studio model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Woooow, this got shoved. :)

MBJGLyl.png

My best render yet, in my opinion. :)

pMVMvkn.png

I learned how to background! (The grass and mountains are an IMAGE, not actually 3D. Gotta love those fake shadows! :))

EDIT:

For proof:

IB1atkf.png

Edited by Starwhip

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.