How did I do this?

SpaceSphereOfDeath

After the new 0.21 update came out, I held off using mods for a while, (for reasons like landing on the new mun stock and waiting for them to update). Then i decided to download kethane, and the scanning overlay didn't work.

I said: "oh, that's disappointing" :(

so I held off doing anything kethane for a while, until today where i decided to LAND on a kethane deposit using nothing but pure guess.

I done it first try, and it gave me excitement only second to landing on duna for the first time.

So the moral of the story: DON'T BOTHER WITH SCANNING SATS!!!!

After the new 0.21 update came out, I held off using mods for a while, (for reasons like landing on the new mun stock and waiting for them to update). Then i decided to download kethane, and the scanning overlay didn't work.

I said: "oh, that's disappointing" :(

so I held off doing anything kethane for a while, until today where i decided to LAND on a kethane deposit using nothing but pure guess.

I done it first try, and it gave me excitement only second to landing on duna for the first time.

Hey so today I had a multiple choice test.

On one of the questions I didn't know the answer, I said "Oh, that's disappointing" :(

So I held off picking an answer for a while, until at the end of the test I decided to pick an answer at random.

I got it right on the first try, and it gave me excitement only second to passing my physics test.

So the moral of the story: DON'T BOTHER WITH STUDYING!!!!

So what exactly is the point of your story? You guessed and got lucky, so what? You don't know if your kethane deposit is big or small, if there are others nearby to mine next etc. It is always better to scan for a bit since it removes the chance element.

That's interesting, my scanning satellites and resource overlay work just fine. Maybe that's because I read up about Kethane before I installed and used it the quick save/quick load trick.

Moral of the story: READ THE FINE MANUAL.

Huh I Didn't Realize It Was Beat On Posters Day.

Nice Job SSOD. Luck Does Play A Good Turn Of The Card From Time To Time. :)

Take A Look At The Scanner Again And Make Sure You've Set It Up Properly. I Think You'll Find You Have A Much Better Time Planning Your Missions When You Have All The Information Available.

Huh I Didn't Realize It Was Beat On Posters Day.

Nice Job SSOD. Luck Does Play A Good Turn Of The Card From Time To Time. :)

Take A Look At The Scanner Again And Make Sure You've Set It Up Properly. I Think You'll Find You Have A Much Better Time Planning Your Missions When You Have All The Information Available.

On the topic of that, My scanner is working fine, it's the UI that's broken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.