How much does mods affect my game preformance

Romby

I've installede a lot of mods to add more possibilities and challenges to the game. My preformance have gone quite a bit down after this (can only make rockets with around 2-300 parts). I quess this is because of the mods infernal robotics, deadly reentry, FAR and Ioncross Crew Support that change ingame mecanichs and adds things to be calculated by the game.

But are these the only mods affecting game preformance? Have a couple of mods adding a lot of parts to building as well (among others NovaPunch and B9). Does these extra parts to rocket building lower my preformance, even when i dont add the new parts to a rocket?

NovaPunch eats massive Performance...i dunno why, but i deleted it recently except a few parts, and my game is almost that fast it was before installing. Higher sys specs recommended for such big part packs.

Ok thx for the help.

Now i just have to look through NovaPunch og B9 and choose the parts i use and leave the rest :S. So many parts and using so few.

Edit:

My specs are:

GTX560 ti 448

Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Quad core

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Would you guys say it is normal i can only make ships around 300 parts?

Edited by Romby

Mods will surely increase load times, and may slow down the VAB - but in general they should not affect framerate or processing speed. After all, that's why they are pre-loaded.

Some parts are heavier on the computer to render the parts than others, than stock parts, causing performance penalties.

Other parts load DLLs that run concurrent with the rest of KSP, eating CPU cycles.

Might not be much per component loaded, but can certainly add up if you're running a lot.

1) That's handled by the GPU on your video card. If your processor is doing that work, your video card is really feeble.

2) There aren't that many DLLs and their relative size is extremely low. I'd wager that all the DLLs for your mods combined are smaller than an average mod part.

Ok thx for the help.

Now i just have to look through NovaPunch og B9 and choose the parts i use and leave the rest :S. So many parts and using so few.

Edit:

My specs are:

GTX560 ti 448

Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Quad core

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Would you guys say it is normal i can only make ships around 300 parts?

Honestly, the number of cores is meaningless as Unity only uses one, and the RAM is set at 3.5 or so because it's 32 bit.

That being said, I run maybe 10 mods, none of them a big parts mod, however, and have a core i7 930, 12 gig of ram and an NVidia 560Ti and have ships with part counts in the 700's. With all that, KSP uses about 1.88 gig of RAM.

Edited by DChurchill

Well, just recently I noticed that the addons I use (I use LOTS of them, current count is 28) weigh pretty heavily in the ram department. Of course, loading time is close to a minute, but that's not the big deal. A much bigger deal is that the game gobbles up 3.7 Gigs of ram. That MIGHT become a problem when the game keeps growing.

I find some mods smack performance regardless of count. Fustek Station parts, certain B9 components, and the latest edition of the HOME module are all mods that, whether I use one part of one million, completely trash my framerate and physics calculations. In these cases I tend to take the few parts from the packs I want and dump the rest. Although sometimes it's the parts I want that cause the problem (B9 cockpits).

the game on me after the uptade whas generaly lagy .i add the mods on game perfomance still the same only the loading time on start f game has been incereaced but this is dont are e i hope t do the game to can use multicore.

have a dual core 1.70 ghz amd e2 1800 apu hd grafics and a ram of 4 gb 3.60 useable i use also gamebooster

i have those mods

quantum struts,KW rocketery,B9mod,FAR,LLL.MechJeb 2,TTMK3 expansion,TTMK3 cockpit internal| game grafics medium

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.