What science would you like to see added?

All very good suggestions. Having all this "stuff" would be very cool. What would be more interesting is to have a method of recording and storing this data, maybe in a new KSC building? A place to look at the data collected during missions, photos (radio and optical telescopes), etc. Inclusion in the careers update?

I know there is a couple mods that allows for science data export/saving, but don't know if they are current.

I THINK Logomatic is currentish, but it is a bit immersion breaking to have to load it into a spreadsheet ;)

I want some extreemly heavy science equitment, so you actually have to decide what equitment your going to attach to your probe instead of just sticking on everything.

I'm thinking like an AMS module, or the modules sent to the ISS. Oh and robotic arms!

i would like a 3d accelerometer and 3d gyroscope. a compass. i would also like to have the sensors visible in a window instead of have to click on them to see the values.. maybe graphing the values would be a good function of the window too

Terraforming science! Juste that! :D

I want to be able to colonise, to terraform and to build a new launcher!

Also a "black hole" science, to be able to travel trought galaxies and dimensions.

And why not a space lift science? It could be awesome for thoses who just want to buld some scrapy n'massive vessels.

I've asked a few staff that question before, none seem to be sure what was meant by "no aliens" though they didn't make the decision so that's expected. I'm not sure who did make the decision.

I agree that finding some form of life would be really cool though.

I assume that "no aliens" rules out the specific possibility of other civilization-level sentient species - basically, this also eliminates any First Contact / Space Empire building scenarios.

Microbial life would be more plausible and closer to real life for KSP.

(Too much to quote) sumghai- how is it that this stuff was posted 4 months ago and I missed it? Good lord!

Either bumped down by other threads, or the fact that it mentioned resources turned some people off (since they felt that any discussion of resources was futile).

Aside from that, I'm still wanting this encyclopedia thing someone suggested oh so long ago to be the backbone of KSP's science. Starting with just a few fuzzy images of Kerbin, Kerbol, Mun and maybe Minmus too, you'd have to discover other encyclopedia entries for planets by using the observatory. The entries would be really low-res and out-of-focus images of distant planets like Duna or Jool with simple, maybe even comical descriptions for them. Then, after sending a telescope into orbit, you can get much more clear and zoomed-in pictures of those distant bodies. Sending probes would reveal even better pictures with basic scientific data to fill in the descriptions. Finally, sending ground probes or even kerbonauts with various scientific experiments they'd be able to perform(even if it's just right clicking a part and watching it do something small) to the surface would give you the final descriptions and images of the planet or moon. Couple this encyclopedia with the KSP museum they mentioned that one time to show off your achievements, crafts and things...I feel like science and discovery would be a very captivating part of KSP's career mode.
All very good suggestions. Having all this "stuff" would be very cool. What would be more interesting is to have a method of recording and storing this data, maybe in a new KSC building? A place to look at the data collected during missions, photos (radio and optical telescopes), etc. Inclusion in the careers update?

Indeed.

I personally think that in addition to the upcoming tech tree and R&D precinct proposed for 0.22, a sciences building could be located nearby that catalogs and presents the information gathered in a intuitive manner - that, or directly integrating planetary composition data into the KnowledgeBase tab for each celestial body.

rock types, structural geology, soil chemistry, etc.

Not sure what purpose geology would have in the overall scheme of the game, whereas soil chemistry is already covered by my tome on planetary composition and sample analysis.

Not sure what purpose geology would have in the overall scheme of the game, whereas soil chemistry is already covered by my tome on planetary composition and sample analysis.

what? geology is pretty much the main purpose of all real life space probes. it tells the history of the planets (and by extension the history of the solar system)

IMO a corequisite to 'Lots of Science' is 'Lots of Celestial Bodies'. Exploring. Not one more planet or two extra moons, but an increase of a factor of ten, with asteroids, comets, small moons, and a whole outer solar system.

I have suggested, though, that magnetospheres are a viable option which have real implications for electrodynamic tether propulsion systems.

Edited by Burninate

You could deploy it on mun OR minmus, I'd love to have a handful of experiments you can unload and carry around in EVA then drop onto the ground. Could have the reflectors, a little comm station to beam some of your post-return science data back to KSC, some type of rock collector/bin that you load back into your return vehicle for crazy science points and whatever else you smart people could come up with XD

It's going to lead to all kinds of fun EVA shenanigans. I can't wait~

I also hope that they go back to that flow chart that was posted a couple pages ago. That looked phenomenal. I'd even be okay if those resources and stuff were the very last thing they added. I just want them...all of that madness. I want it @.,@

Don't know if it has been mentioned before. Anemometer for measuring wind speed. If the flags are flapping in breezes on planets supplied with atmosphere, why not measuring how much? Developing a complex weather would be too complicated on so many different levels (and would cause too much lag), but simple wind speed measurement would be cool.

Something to determine the contents of the soil and the atmosphere, too. Nothing complex. A Kerbalized version of a small mass spectrometer. If not that, then a sampler for retrieval of gases, liquids and solids, for analysis at home or just for the sake of getting a sample.

It would be cool if the thermometer would make a graph plotted against height.

VLObject-2352-031023101049.gif

Maybe a radar for measuring distance from the actual ground, and for producing height maps with false colours.

Some of these things exist as mods, but I use official stuff, only.

We should also have some science for flinging stuff close to Kerbol, maybe a stellar collection thingy that forces you to dive within 5000 meters to collect a sample (the auto kill sphere is at about 1500 meters) and then return it to Kerbin somehow for bonus points.

You could deploy it on mun OR minmus, I'd love to have a handful of experiments you can unload and carry around in EVA then drop onto the ground. Could have the reflectors, a little comm station to beam some of your post-return science data back to KSC, some type of rock collector/bin that you load back into your return vehicle for crazy science points and whatever else you smart people could come up with XD

It's going to lead to all kinds of fun EVA shenanigans. I can't wait~

I also hope that they go back to that flow chart that was posted a couple pages ago. That looked phenomenal. I'd even be okay if those resources and stuff were the very last thing they added. I just want them...all of that madness. I want it @.,@

That's something I've been looking forward to, as well! I spent a long time trying to figure how to make kerbal-deployed sensors. No luck, tho.

The only thing I would LOVE to have is not more science parts, but real time readouts for the science parts we ALREADY HAVE. Cause really? Looking for a tiny part on a ship, right clicking on it (and hoping the click will register), then clicking a button to get the readout? How many versions since we had science parts?

The only thing I would LOVE to have is not more science parts, but real time readouts for the science parts we ALREADY HAVE. Cause really? Looking for a tiny part on a ship, right clicking on it (and hoping the click will register), then clicking a button to get the readout? How many versions since we had science parts?

Graphotron lets you have this but yeah- a stock version would be NICE. A little panel in the corner perhaps, or one of the blank IVA panels...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.