Can we have a performance-focused update after .22? Or ideally, yesterday.

0.21 was a performance-focused update and everyone bitched that there weren't enough new features. They can't win.

You don't want to optimize too much when you're still developing the game though or you could end up wasting a lot of time optimizing something you're just going to end up replacing. This is categorized as alpha for a reason.

Your "poor performance report" could be a little less vague though. What constitutes an "excellent" system for example? My computer doesn't lag when I approach another vessel. How many parts comprise these vessels? Which mods are you using (if any)? Etc.

Edited by itsme86

I'm with itsme86 on this one. The .21 update improved my frame rate very well and fixed many bugs and yet many people weren't happy with it. That's the problem with such a public alpha/beta. You get lots of people who know nothing bitching about wanting everything and not wanting to wait.

I'm with itsme86 on this one. The .21 update improved my frame rate very well and fixed many bugs and yet many people weren't happy with it. That's the problem with such a public alpha/beta. You get lots of people who know nothing bitching about wanting everything and not wanting to wait.

Actually, some people issues still remain un-resolved.

the update fixed SOME systems, not all.

quit with the bias.

As some have said, Squad does not want to waste precious time optimising, only for the next update to break everything. This is what happens when you play an open alpha.

Expect optimisations to happen closer to the full release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.