How to stop Space Station Framerate drop?

Time for you to build your Station Mark 2. Just pretend you're Tony Stark. Always building a better suit.

I will, I do, and I am. :cool:

I mean, aside from my resemblance to him, I'm driven to continually invent new stations. While the next design is incubating in my mind, I'm constantly trying out new ways to do things so that I can implement them in the next design - be it a better construction tug, more compact crew escape systems, etc.

Am I the only one that thinks they should be focusing on optimizing the physics engine here rather than adding silly stuff like a crew hiring facility? For me personally at least, the game is all about building really big crazy things, like you would see in minecraft or other places. Don't see how I can manage doing that if the fps drops with even stuff like this on a fast computer. Little disappointed here, I see no reason to limit my designs because of part counts.

Maybe when the game moves out of alpha testing and into beta testing.... then maybe you can be forgiven thinking like that. (or maybe even not until we move to the end of beta) Even if you paid, even if you're a customer, this is still very much alpha and you are an alpha tester.

Congratulations.

Yeah I was in the same situation (actually started a thread........without doing the proper digging I guess).

I built a space-station that I was so happy with, but alas....almost 500 parts, so the laptop started freaking out and FPS went waaay down. I was sad :(

To be honest I had no idea that the game uses only 1 core O__o I can't wait for optimization. So much more will be possible *drools*

Yeah I was in the same situation (actually started a thread........without doing the proper digging I guess).

I built a space-station that I was so happy with, but alas....almost 500 parts, so the laptop started freaking out and FPS went waaay down. I was sad :(

To be honest I had no idea that the game uses only 1 core O__o I can't wait for optimization. So much more will be possible *drools*

I doubt my station had 500 parts and it was running at 5fps. Annoyed me so much because I just started working on it and there was so much more I wanted to add :( My computer is also pretty good.

So what should I do? Anyway to mess around with the settings or is the only solution to use less parts?

On that note, any suggestions on omitting parts but maintaining a cool looking design?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.