Space Station Sandbox Mode. Just for pure Fun.

Has Ultimate KSP Goal; you have an fully and operationnal Space-Station.

I made 2 or 3 models of it for the Kerbal Space Program Dev Team. I know; it's an ''God Mode'' ship but maybe, who know. When fun an visuals are needed ;)

The primitive version with a random texture. This is not a top noth model but it's an compromize between polygons count and details. Decimate to 0.25 for 2374 polygons count.

Space%2520Station%25201%2520UV.pngSpace%2520Station%25201%2520UV-normal.png

4K<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->1k

If not requested by KSP Devs; i made this model public for the modding community.

Edited by Warsoul

and that thing doesn't look like a space station, at all.

Why not?

screenshot13-1.png

Mind you I flew this one back in KSP 0.16, it lacks the refinements of docking and electrical systems. But it's still completely do-able in KSP 0.21, and now can be done stock by someone determined enough to solve the engineering challenges of keeping it together and lifting it intact.

Warsoul, what exactly are you requesting here?

I can't tell if this is a request to make a 'stationbuilding' sandbox mode, which is already done by turning infinite fuel and infinite RCS on, then flying with mechjeb to handle getting your modules into LKO and docked.

If it's a request to add your part to the game, this really isn't the right section for it. Somebody familiar with the making of KSP parts could probably walk you through converting that model into a KSP model and writing up a corresponding configuration file for it.

Edited by OdinYggd

Warsoul.

Wat r u doin.

Warsoul.

STAHP.

Seriously dude, you've started 22 Threads since July 25th; and that thing doesn't look like a space station, at all.

I'm going to second this. Seriously Warsoul chill out.

Seriously dude, you've started 22 Threads since July 25th.

It's not so much the number of threads he started, but the number of threads that involve requesting practically the same thing.

My understanding from all the models Warsoul has made is that his ultimate goal is to use KSP as a platform to make a Military Sci-Fi RTS/FPS/RPG hybrid game.

Clearly, he's somewhat capable of making models, but out of either laziness or the belief that he can be the big "ideas and model guy" sitting at the top of the food chain, he has an attitude of "Do this for me!" rather than "Please teach me how to do it for myself" when it comes to learning the basics of modding in KSP (textures, UV mapping, Unity, KSP PartTools, CFGs, basic plugins).

This, coupled with his art style being heavily at odds with the KSP aesthetic of contemporary or near-future spaceflight, his refusal to understand the capabilities/limitations of the KSP API, as well as the heavy-handed "Warsoul Labs" branding, is a turn-off discourages other modders from accepting his "contracts" (the remuneration of which is essentially a pat on the back and being shown the door).

After the fiasco with the "failed" community project and "contest", he flies into a rage, calls everyone who pointed out the flaws in his strategy "h8t3rz", and now decides to jump even higher up the food chain to get the official game developers at SQUAD to do it for him instead.

At the end of the day, while the modding community is more than happy to help aspiring modders, they won't do portions of the work for you.

It's not so much the number of threads he started, but the number of threads that involve requesting practically the same thing.

My understanding from all the models Warsoul has made is that his ultimate goal is to use KSP as a platform to make a Military Sci-Fi RTS/FPS/RPG hybrid game.

Clearly, he's somewhat capable of making models, but out of either laziness or the belief that he can be the big "ideas and model guy" sitting at the top of the food chain, he has an attitude of "Do this for me!" rather than "Please teach me how to do it for myself" when it comes to learning the basics of modding in KSP (textures, UV mapping, Unity, KSP PartTools, CFGs, basic plugins).

This, coupled with his art style being heavily at odds with the KSP aesthetic of contemporary or near-future spaceflight, his refusal to understand the capabilities/limitations of the KSP API, as well as the heavy-handed "Warsoul Labs" branding, is a turn-off discourages other modders from accepting his "contracts" (the remuneration of which is essentially a pat on the back and being shown the door).

After the fiasco with the "failed" community project and "contest", he flies into a rage, calls everyone who pointed out the flaws in his strategy "h8t3rz", and now decides to jump even higher up the food chain to get the official game developers at SQUAD to do it for him instead.

At the end of the day, while the modding community is more than happy to help aspiring modders, they won't do portions of the work for you.

First; my spacestation is fully integrated in KSP and they presently orbiting around Mun with no cheats. They count 8 mainsail engine foward amd 8 engines backwards. The only thing i need; it's integrate the Kethane Mod, Orbital Space Station and others plugin in there. But i can't without permissions. I need to work on my texture but im pretty happy with this one for now. Now i'm working on the collider mesh to stay lower than 256 polygons. This is ridiculous but it appear i need to rescript all mods by myself. and at end; i don't care of what you thinking now. I made an model for me, i used it, i enjoy it and i suggest it to KSP Team because i know they love cool stuff. I know they prolly can't include this in the main game because they need to follow a game difficulty design but for a new ''Arcade mode '' in wich you can start directly with a nice Space Station they can design and launch an galatic trading empire. Maybe it can be cool and reach another part of the market. Like the Starcraft 2 market, that kind of gamer who look at KSP 2 minutes and said .... Zzzzz i need more ... Action. For my part; i really love KSP and i enjoy it.

The only thing i need; it's integrate the Kethane Mod, Orbital Space Station and others plugin in there. But i can't without permissions.

-snip-

This is ridiculous but it appear i need to rescript all mods by myself.

That's very easy.

Just get permissions from the original mod authors for those plugins and add their custom PartModules into your CFGs - you don't need to write / rescript plugins or anything.

All of that you can do yourself in less than five minutes after familiarizing yourself with the original mod parts, so I don't see why you need to get someone else to do it for you.

i don't care of what you thinking now. I made an model for me, i used it, i enjoy it and i suggest it to KSP Team because i know they love cool stuff. I know they prolly can't include this in the main game because they need to follow a game difficulty design but for a new ''Arcade mode '' in wich you can start directly with a nice Space Station they can design and launch an galatic trading empire.

This has nothing to do with your so-called "game difficulty design", whether or not the devs love cool stuff, or "Arcade mode" - rather, your sci fi space fantasy game / Freelancer clone simply does not fit the theme of KSP (i.e. contemporary / near future spaceflight).

I personally think that Llamas and Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads are cool, but they don't fit the overall vision of KSP either, so I'm not going to suggest those.

Maybe it can be cool and reach another part of the market. Like the Starcraft 2 market, that kind of gamer who look at KSP 2 minutes and said .... Zzzzz i need more ... Action.

People who "look at KSP 2 minutes and said .... Zzzzz i need more ... Action." shouldn't try to mold KSP into another Starcraft/Freelancer/EVE clone - they should go play Starcraft/Freelancer/EVE.

KSP was designed for (mostly) realistic space exploration.

For my part; i really love KSP and i enjoy it.

Yes, you may enjoy KSP as much as the next person does, but that doesn't mean you can spam these boards with repeated, redundant topics requesting people help you turn KSP into "Warsoul's Starcraft/Freelancer/EVE clone".

Warsoul

Y u do dis

It's obvious that the devs don't care, because you've posted nearly the exact same thread 22 times, and if they haven't said A THING about it, then they don't want it. SERIOUSLY, think about what you post, before you post it. Posting the same thread is just gonna annoy people. Yeesh.

While I'm new on the forums, I still find 3 users annoying to no end and you are one of them. Just give up and do something new, you obviously have some level of talent. Just put it to good use.
Out of curiosity, who are the other two?

I made an model for me, i used it, i enjoy it and i suggest it to KSP Team because i know they love cool stuff.

So, this isn't a thread about "Space Station Sandbox Mode" (whatever that is), but about how the devs should totally use this super sweet model you made all by yourself? Perhaps you should label this forum "Hey Devs I've Got a Super Sweet Model For You", or better yet, send them ONE email, and be done with it.

If they want it, they want it. If they don't, they don't. That's l'amoure. Or life I guess. What would that be, l'vita? Eh whatever, I'm gonna go play more KSP (regular Sandbox Mode).

Warsoul

Y u do dis

It's obvious that the devs don't care, because you've posted nearly the exact same thread 22 times, and if they haven't said A THING about it, then they don't want it. SERIOUSLY, think about what you post, before you post it. Posting the same thread is just gonna annoy people. Yeesh.

I dont know where you take your numbers.

I started :

1- A thread for my global expansion pack : but i forgot to reserve some post to separate my different mods i want to show.

2- I started a thread for my WSL Hex Series : An visual ''minecraft'' Mod for KSP.

3- I started a thread for my WSL Engines Series because i was no reserved spots on my main thread.

4- I started an contest to see wich kind of modding community we have. I made that with SC2 and WC3 with succes. It's just an different community.

5- I started a thread for my Forge after i saw my contest have no success at all. I can't delete it. Sry !

6- I started a thread for my droper because i can't found a fix for it. He begun to be crazy when he consume his fuel.

7- I started a thread to get information for custom engine Fx. Wiki are perimed on this for long time.

8- I Started a thread for a bug i experienced with the new attachments commands.

9- I Started a thread to get information on theses new attachments nodes commands. Wiki perimed too.

10- I started a thread to get information on polygons counts to get the best polygons count range for my models. Because one say me around 350 another say me; your models are to low on details. Another say 2k.

11- I started a thread to suggest an Space Station Sandbox mode for my friends who don't really like the realistic side of KSP. Representing a big part of the gaming market. For my part; i like both.

I think i made the count.

6 support threads to get info or help to mod KSP

2 Devs thread to show particular mod : Engines / HexCraft

1 Main thread to show all my mods in 1 thread : WSL- Warsoul's Space Labs

2 Community project / Contest : The forge / Contest

I have few request threads before i started to mod my engines myself. I made long time ago.

Warsoul, if you can't take criticism, get out.

Criticism and veteran forums people, telling you bad things. Consider them haters. Don't ask for people to make stuff for you, LEARN IT. If you have a bug with, lets say, a plugin. Post the code, then say the problem. People WILL HELP.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/45850-Navball-change-direction-when-i-restart-a-flight-Need-help-plz-!?p=590014#post590014

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/45618-Need-Help-on-my-Droper-X-Mod

Please stay on topic; this thread was made for suggesting an Space Station Sandbox Mode. At start or to be unlocked with somes goals to achieves. If you want to made a thread to talk on me ; i can't do nothing about that. But respect the suggestions thread plz. You have the rights to say i'm not down for this. But i have the right to ask too. For the realistic side of the demand; i think they have no rules to ban Sci-Fi mods or suggestions. We have the rights to do unrealistics mods and i think you must respect that. I can understand your wish to keep KSP an realistic simulator. I have the same wish because i really love that side of KSP. But after a while; you can consider another way to play KSP.

Lazer are common now.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/04/laser-warfare-system/

At end; i'm a guy who love that devise : Why not !?

Edited by Warsoul

So let me see if I've understood you. You've modelled a "space station" that you want Squad to put in the game as default so that your friends that are unwilling to learn how to launch & dock individual modules will have something to do?

I don't think KSP is the game for them.

In relation to his post about only having 11 threads, I just went on your profile and searched for the word "started" using ctrl + F and counted all the times it came up saying you started a thread. You've started 22. Stop. please. Accept defeat

Hello there :)

Warsoul: Please put your suggestion in a clear and concise format. Right now, hardly anyone can tell what you're even suggesting and why on Earth you're posting your model here.

Everyone: There is no need to turn to personal attacks. Of course it gets annoying really fast when someone pushes the same point over and over again, but that just means that they need direction, not a Stop sign.

I'm closing this now. You can repost the suggestion in a better format, if you wish.

FEichinger