Oh look, EA is learning something!

42undead2

EA just released a ''Humble Origin Bundle'' Where you get Dead Space, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3 and Medal of Honor for and price you want (As long as it's over 1$) and if you pay over the average, you get BF3 and The Sims 3 plus 2 other expansion packs. You could save up to 214$ (If you're paying 1$) by buying this, AND the money goes for charity. EA, keep doing this, and people will like. And like someone else have said;

''This deal is amazing and EA don't get a penny for it.''

Edited by 42undead2

Well, EA gets no money off this one, it all goes to Charity,

And of the games available, Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, and Mirror's Edge all provide Steam Keys so you don't have to go thru Origin

(unlike other Humble Bundle no direct downloads are available on Origin or Steam)

EDIT: it does included non DRM FLAC and MP3 versions of the soundtracks for 2 games direct download or bittorrent.

Edited by Moon Goddess

Origin and EA are donating their share of the proceeds from this bundle to the following charities

Hmmmm, that language is just a bit suspicious don't you think? Call me the eternal cynic, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if "Origin's and EA's share" of the proceeds was (hidden in a confidential contract between them and their sales partners or whoever) actually only ~2% of the total, and moreover, that the other ~98% of the proceeds were going into conveniently distributed channels that circuitously lead their way right back into the wallets of whoever owns the intellectual property in the first place.

White collar 'crime!' You gotta love it!

Edited by Diche Bach

I'm conflicted.... I always do all the Humble Bundles.. even if I don't play the games I want to support the idea

But I don't wanna install Origin, can I get steam codes for these games?

I bought the bundle and accidentally activated the Origin code for Mirror's Edge (the only game I actually cared about). It still let me activate a Steam code for the same game and I've successfully downloaded it there without ever doing anything in Origin (including install it. I don't have it, never have, and never will :) )

I was going to make my own thread but since there is already one for the Humble Bundle. I was thinking of giving away my unused codes from this to some people on the forums. Anyone want some?

Hmmmm, that language is just a bit suspicious don't you think? Call me the eternal cynic, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if "Origin's and EA's share" of the proceeds was (hidden in a confidential contract between them and their sales partners or whoever) actually only ~2% of the total, and moreover, that the other ~98% of the proceeds were going into conveniently distributed channels that circuitously lead their way right back into the wallets of whoever owns the intellectual property in the first place.

White collar 'crime!' You gotta love it!

This language is due to the way Humble Bundle works.

Humble Bundle is always split between the Humble Bundle team, The developers, and Charity, and you adjust sliders to set how much (if anything) goes to them.

In this case EA has elected to now be present on the sliders you cannot give to EA, only to charity and Humble Bundle team.

It does sound confusing but when you know how Humble Bundle works it makes more sense. I bought it, and it adjusted my sliders to give to which charities I wanted and nothing was provided to EA or origin, don't worry.

This language is due to the way Humble Bundle works.

Humble Bundle is always split between the Humble Bundle team, The developers, and Charity, and you adjust sliders to set how much (if anything) goes to them.

In this case EA has elected to now be present on the sliders you cannot give to EA, only to charity and Humble Bundle team.

It does sound confusing but when you know how Humble Bundle works it makes more sense. I bought it, and it adjusted my sliders to give to which charities I wanted and nothing was provided to EA or origin, don't worry.

Hmmmmm, have to admit I'm very tempted! Especially since for a mere $5 I can get the BF3 and Sims. Few of my old Eve Online buddies play BF3 and I've always wanted to check out the Sims.

If I buy this thing, can I get it all through Steam? ADDIT: I see, some are available via Steam some only via Origins. What is so bad about Origins?

Based on how you guys are referring to this "Origins" entity like it was the Momma Alien from planet LV-426, don't want to know anything more about that! But Steam I do like.

ADDIT: damn! those things are selling like hot cakes too! I coulda swore when this thread first started it was about about 130k maybe 150K and it is now up to 205k!

Truly brilliant marketing. Wish the Execs at my wife's firm had even 10% of that ingenuity.

ADDIT*2: Holy crap! In about 30 seconds it went from 205 to 270,000!!

Edited by Diche Bach

I was going to make my own thread but since there is already one for the Humble Bundle. I was thinking of giving away my unused codes from this to some people on the forums. Anyone want some?

Dead Space 3 looks pretty cool and for free, I might take you up on that. (I don't have steam so I'd need the origin code anyways so the steam code is probably still good)

Saw the thread title and immediatley clicked. Didn't think it was possible for EA to do something smart towards shedding all the hate.

EA doesn't get a penny from me for their publicity campaign or indeed for anything.

And yes "share of the proceeds" means just that, "some percentage of the profit on the sales", which will actually be 0 as they're being sold at or under cost (the only profit being the free advertising for their products from people sending the campaign viral in places like this, drawing more sales for their other products).

Ok. If anyone wants any of my codes. PM me (Sorry Captain Sierra I've already used the Dead space 3 one.) I have 1 Mirror's edge Origin key. 1 Dead Space 1 Origin key. 1 Burnout Paradise Origin key. 1 Crysis 2 Origin key and 1 Medal of Honor Origin key. I'm still deciding whether I will give away the Battlefield 3 key.

Edited by KD3
No more Steam keys

EA doesn't get a penny from me for their publicity campaign or indeed for anything.

And yes "share of the proceeds" means just that, "some percentage of the profit on the sales", which will actually be 0 as they're being sold at or under cost (the only profit being the free advertising for their products from people sending the campaign viral in places like this, drawing more sales for their other products).

Read my earlier post about how Humble Bundle works to see this is completely not what's going on here.

Basically EA gave games to Humble Bundle free of charge. HumbleBundle is now selling you those games and giving the money to charity. You pick how much and which charity. It's a win win.

Yes EA does get good press out of it, but they get zero money out of this. And who do you really think is getting more exposure over this? HumbleBundle fans that have never heard of EA? or EA fans that have never heard of HumbleBundle?

HumbleBundle is a fantasic charitable organization that has done a lot for indie game developers and for charity. Lets let them get the press they deserve.

Edited by Moon Goddess

I just bought this, and not for playing the games on this computer. Sure, if any of the games were playable with 64MB of video RAM (Only flaw with this PC) I would play them, but I'm saving up for a better computer anyways, so I'm just ''pre-ordering'' them. Main game I wanted was Burnout anyways. Mirrors Edge, maybe. The other games I haven't really seen videos of or read reviews of, so I'll see with them.

I have too say most of these games are good even if coming from a **** company that will not get any of my money. I think at least half the reason I love humble is getting to snub companies by legally getting their games without giving them money.

Mirror's Edge is an awesome game anyone should play at least once, I would recommend a second play with the highlighting turned off.

Burnout Paradise is one of the best in the series and thus one of the best arcade race/crash games of all time.

Medal of Honor and BF3 are different but both enjoyable FPS games.

Crysis 2 I have no experience with.

Dead Space 1 & 3 (wtf no 2?) is horror something I don't normally get into but I hear they are good and will try them out.

Sims... Anyone want a free sims game?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.