[0.22.0] Rendezvous Tutorial 1.1.0

blizzy78

Man, I finally created my account on this forum only to thank you for this tutorial! It helped me a lot and made rendezvous easy now! Also... was by using it that I finally learned how to use maneuver nodes... haha!

Thank you, you are awesome!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does this tutorial function properly for .23? I haven't tried it yet, but I finally got my KSP working with mods and I don't want to mess it up again.

It's a tutorial, it doesn't run within your normal save. But I really should check 0.23 compatibility as you suggest.

It's a tutorial, it doesn't run within your normal save. But I really should check 0.23 compatibility as you suggest.

I decided to give it a try anyway. Seems to work just fine so far. I'm just really terrible at it. I can never seem to get that 2km intercept. Closest I can ever seem to get is 5km, no matter how many orbits I take.

If I ever make it all the way through, I'll offer some input on how to make it a bit more user-friendly for utter noobs like myself.

One thing I'll mention now though is that you should probably mention the potential need for multiple orbits and whatnot BEFORE they try and make the node for the transfer orbit. I spent hours the first time trying to get that intercept in the one maneuver, only to hit next and find out I might have to orbit multiple times.

Closest I can ever seem to get is 5km, no matter how many orbits I take.

At the end of the initial intercept burn, cut down on the thrust. As the maneuver node marker drifts away, cut thrust completely, rotate your ship onto the marker, then thrust up slowly. Repeat this until you're done with the maneuver. This should get you really close. Other than that, 5 km is just fine as well.

If I ever make it all the way through, I'll offer some input on how to make it a bit more user-friendly for utter noobs like myself.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

At the end of the initial intercept burn, cut down on the thrust. As the maneuver node marker drifts away, cut thrust completely, rotate your ship onto the marker, then thrust up slowly. Repeat this until you're done with the maneuver. This should get you really close. Other than that, 5 km is just fine as well.

That bit right there would probably be good to include in the tutorial as well, perhaps after the page mentioning the multiple orbits, and before the page instructing you to execute the maneuver.

I'll try again here soon.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...