What can counter Laser weapons?

WestAir

Thus Einstein, was wrong, about the energy needed to reach light speed.

Let's take one of your own posts from a few pages back;

Sure?

200 Mw for protons to near light speed. 1 atomic mass. 1 thousandth of that, and it's clear what would be needed.

Want a source?

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/engineering/powering-cern

It makes some good points, just not towards the position you want it to. The accelerator mentioned can get protons to very close to the speed of light, so if you swap in an electron beam, (which after all does indeed include particles about 1/1000 the mass) it must be able to get them past the speed of light, right? Right?

This isn't even remotely relevant to the point. Reality has been shown to conform to the equation to the limits of measurement, you can't try and disprove the equation with inaccurate definitions your maths teacher gave you.

Reality? What is this reality? Reality is all about perception. We could be seeing things wrong (as is said, one should not trust the eyes too much)

Math teacher? Okay, you sir, are being illogical, and unpractical, and have strayed from the point of the thread. Once again, your strange behavior leads me to believe you lack the necessary skills to even GRASP the BASICS.

And, Einstein, whom you claim to be right, was kicked out of school. Your scrutiny of someone with a better understanding of how everything we KNOW came FROM THIS ONE LITTLE CORNER. So, Einstein could be wrong. It could be a distortion between us in those images. So, please silence your posts on this topic.

And BTW, try NOT to scrutinize everything you hear/read. It goes bad with character.

Let's take one of your own posts from a few pages back;

It makes some good points, just not towards the position you want it to. The accelerator mentioned can get protons to very close to the speed of light, so if you swap in an electron beam, (which after all does indeed include particles about 1/1000 the mass) it must be able to get them past the speed of light, right? Right?

Umm, Beta rays?

Ever hear of em?

Electron in wave form?

Electrons have mass, right?

So, what has INFINITE energy (according to you) to get that electron to the speed of light?

Umm, Beta rays?

Beta rays are electrons from radioactive decay, artificial sources are electron beams or (archaicly) cathode rays. But you haven't actually responded to the point; if the equation is wrong, accelerating particles past the speed of light becomes trivial. Got any record of that ever happening?

Beta rays are electrons from radioactive decay, artificial sources are electron beams or (archaicly) cathode rays. But you haven't actually responded to the point; if the equation is wrong, accelerating particles past the speed of light becomes trivial. Got any record of that ever happening?

Ever care to read edits?

Ever care to read edits?

Ever used actual logic? Yes, obviously nothing has the infinite energy that would be required, but you're saying infinite energy would not be required. You can't use points you explicitly disagree with to back your own arguments.

Ever used actual logic? Yes, obviously nothing has the infinite energy that would be required, but you're saying infinite energy would not be required. You can't use points you explicitly disagree with to back your own arguments.

It's called "according to you, what would have this infinite energy to accelerate the electron? Nothing, because you can't."

That ALONE should be enough, but no......

It's called "according to you, what would have this infinite energy to accelerate the electron? Nothing, because you can't."

He said you need infinite energy to accelerate a electron to light speed, not any speed.

That's exactly what I'm thinking here. YOU are the one saying it should not take infinite energy-in this case, show some evidence. It should be easy enough to get some mention of particles meeting or exceeding the speed of light, given the already established implications that would have.

That's exactly what I'm thinking here. YOU are the one saying it should not take infinite energy-in this case, show some evidence. It should be easy enough to get some mention of particles meeting or exceeding the speed of light, given the already established implications that would have.

Well, I like to use something called logic.

By using this new and amazing thing, we can determine that:

1. atoms don't have infinite energy

2. Radiation moves at light speed

3. According to Einstein, it's impossible to accelerate ANYTHING with MASS to light speed

4. But Electrons, HAVE MASS

5. Electron "beta" rays are emitted by decaying atoms

6. *tragic music in background*

Conclusion:

Einstein, has to be wrong.

BTW, you NEVER gave ME a single source. Why?

Undefined?

Zero.

Same as the others.

Zero times zero is zero.

Thus Einstein, was wrong, about the energy needed to reach light speed.

Let me point out something: What happens as you approach a value of zero in the denominator?

a3e2fd83c946cc2d69b42bbffbac6c98.png

First, the variables: m = rest mass, c = speed of light, v = velocity, and Ek is the energy of the

At 0.99c, you get sqrt(1 - (0.992/12)

= sqrt(1 - 0.9801)

= sqrt(0.0199)

Divide the top (which is mc2) by this, subtract the mc2. term to the side, and you get 49.251mc2.

Repeat this for 0.999, 0.9999, and 0.99999c. You get 499.25mc2, 4999.25mc2, and 49999.25 respectivelymc2. Thus, as the velocity increases, the energy approaches infinity. What do you not see?

Edited by TheDarkStar

Let me point out something: What happens as you approach a value of zero in the denominator?

a>

First, the variables: m = rest mass, c = speed of light, v = velocity, and Ek is the energy of the

At 0.99c, you get sqrt(1 - (0.992/12)

= sqrt(1 - 0.9801)

= sqrt(0.0199)

Divide the top (which is mc2) by this and you get 50.251mc2.

Repeat this for 0.999, 0.9999, and 0.99999c. You get 500.25mc2, 5000.25mc2, and 50000.25 respectivelymc2. Thus, as the velocity increases, the energy approaches infinity. What do you not see?

what I DO KNOW is that infinity is overrated, as it is nonexistent. Zero is bigger than this "infinity"

EM radiation moves at the speed of light. Beta rats are not EM radiation. That is very, very basic stuff.

Proof? Where IS IT? YOU always ASK ME for PROOF. Yet you don't need ANY? I will not give you anything, till proof, CREDIBLE proof, is given.

what I DO KNOW is that infinity is overrated, as it is nonexistent. Zero is bigger than this "infinity"

What are you saying? If you mean that it doesn't matter about the bottom if the top is zero, well, that's what you get for photons and other massless particles that move at the speed of light. If not, please clarify.

Proof? Where IS IT? YOU always ASK ME for PROOF. Yet you don't need ANY? I will not give you anything, till proof, CREDIBLE proof, is given

Proof of what? That beta rays aren't EM radiation? But you've already said they're just moving electrons.

What are you saying? If you mean that it doesn't matter about the bottom if the top is zero, well, that's what you get for photons and other massless particles that move at the speed of light. If not, please clarify.

I mean that infinity doesn't exist. Zero is the sum of all numbers. Even the "so-called" infinities, infinity+-infinity = zero. OH NO.

Proof of what? That beta rays aren't EM radiation? But you've already said they're just moving electrons.

Proof of what is known as "the speed"