Better decouplers?

User Unrelated

I like to put big things in space

big things in space need big rockets

and big rockets create big forces!

I've been having trouble with the stock decouplers ever since I downloaded KW rocketry, and those dang pesky bigger-than-rockomax engines and tanks, and the lack of a bigger-than-rockomax separator...

especially the THOR solid boosters... they just LOVE to pluck the hydraulic separators right off the side of the liquid tanks.

I'm getting a lot of this

52910e9f-0cdb-4253-a887-ec7d74f304a6_zpsb26d9e11.jpg

sometimes just 1 or 2 solid boosters will just get left behind at the launch pad for no reason

or, other times, I'll get through the solid burn okay, but randomly 3 minutes in and halfway out of the atmosphere, a stack decoupler halfway up the rocket will just fail for no reason

basically, I'm just operating the stock decouplers at the very edge of their capability, and I'm looking for stronger decouplers and separators.

My most recent rocket (pictured above) is trying to launch a pretty hefty to-jool-with-love package on the top, and I've attempted launch 5 times, and all 5 times have ended in catastrophic failure due to the random failure of a decoupler or separator.

I know about struts, I use a ton of them, otherwise the rocket won't even stay together before launch.

I tried looking, but couldn't find anything, and seeing as a lot of mods aren't conveniently named like "better decouplers", I'm not surprised that I didn't find anything.

thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.