[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

• 2 weeks later...

First off, nice mod, thanks for this!

Second, I had the flickering in map view that seems to happen occasionally. It was occurring after I used HullCam (in particular the Ordan telescope) and after I had loaded a different ship without any cameras. Did some testing and figured out what caused it: I left the telescope zoomed in.

If you're zoomed in sufficiently and jump to the map view, planet textures will flicker. Zoom back out and they go back to normal. The aerocam doesn't zoom enough to do that, but the Ordan (and the Cacteye mod telescope) do this. So, if you get flickering in map view, make sure you've zoomed out all the way before you jump away from the ship or you'll be stuck with it until you restart!

It says your working on a camera that can move eventually? What im looking for is a camera that can zoom and track my rockets all the way to orbit in fullscreen. ( The LazorCamer window is nice, but its far too small .) I use the LazorSystem plugin to bring the draw distance up to 99km and with its camera I can follow my rockets all the way past the horizon. I just want one that can go fullscreen and do this. And yes a windowed option would be nice as well for multiple views at once.

I love the models and idea of cameras, I just wish it would show the camera view in a window rather than changing the screen view.

I completely agree with this, I really really want to use this mod but having the camera take over the entire screen is just annoying to me - being able to open one (or more) windows and assigning camera angles to them would be amazing! :)

I know that the LAZOR mod has a hull camera and a docking camera that both have separate windows, if you could do something like that it'd be awesome. I'd just use LAZOR but it has a ton of stuff in it that I really don't need or want.

Edited by Ilandria

I love the models and idea of cameras, I just wish it would show the camera view in a window rather than changing the screen view.
I completely agree with this, I really really want to use this mod but having the camera take over the entire screen is just annoying to me - being able to open one (or more) windows and assigning camera angles to them would be amazing! :)

I know that the LAZOR mod has a hull camera and a docking camera that both have separate windows, if you could do something like that it'd be awesome. I'd just use LAZOR but it has a ton of stuff in it that I really don't need or want.

Alright, sounds like a good idea. I'll add it to the to do list.

It says your working on a camera that can move eventually? What im looking for is a camera that can zoom and track my rockets all the way to orbit in fullscreen. ( The LazorCamer window is nice, but its far too small .) I use the LazorSystem plugin to bring the draw distance up to 99km and with its camera I can follow my rockets all the way past the horizon. I just want one that can go fullscreen and do this. And yes a windowed option would be nice as well for multiple views at once.
What's the purpose of the launchpad camera. Does it track? What does it do?

The launchpad camera is planned to be move up, down and turn around (possibly even target).

Please make windowed mode cameras a .cfg file option instead of the only available mode.

I would actually love to keep the full screen cameras.

I am playing a full IVA playthrough, and these cameras are the only method I've been able to come up with out to force IVA on probes, making using the the probe control room mod necessary.

Hello, great plugin, thanks!

I second the idea of windowed cameras (if possible, optional as virgil_182 pointed out).

I've have some questions about Hullcam and L-Tech interaction, though...

As I see, when both plugins are installed, L-Tech cameras get almost infinite zoom while Hullcam Science camera only has a few. I think all three should have the same amount of zoom levels because all of them are meant for science, don't you think?

Please make windowed mode cameras a .cfg file option instead of the only available mode.

It should be more like both option available at the same time, full screen camera cycling and rmb menu/action group for windowed view.

As I see, when both plugins are installed, L-Tech cameras get almost infinite zoom while Hullcam Science camera only has a few. I think all three should have the same amount of zoom levels because all of them are meant for science, don't you think?

I don't know why the L-Tech camera has "infinite" zoom, but the hullcam ones are configured that way so they differentiate from each other.

They also have their own place in the tech tree depending on their capabilities.

I am having a problem that I have been unable to find the solution for. I am very new to editing .cfg files, and I have to absolutley sure what im doing before I do. The HC_booster cam that comes with this mod has two cameras. I notice in VAB only 1 view cone shows up. When im flying they both work fine in EVA mode, but my problem is when Im IVA with rasterpropmonitor I can only see the top view from this camera. I think I have to add a camera transform to the part, but I am not confident enough in my abilities to do this. I also thought Id bring it to your attention.

-Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

SO i moubted the science cam o nmy hull and i activated it.. but i'm not gettign any science from it.. i looked for a read me for instructions but icant find a read me in the zip file. Can some 1 please tell me how to take pictures wih it and how to generatescience from it?

Thankyou

But i found that the game crashes if i used both together i did Take RL Pic and BAMM CTD

"RL" here seems to stand for "real life", that is, it's taking an actual screenshot. That seems to cause memory overuse sometimes, so just use F1 or F12. The other one, "Take Photo", works fine for the science part.

"RL" here seems to stand for "real life", that is, it's taking an actual screenshot. That seems to cause memory overuse sometimes, so just use F1 or F12. The other one, "Take Photo", works fine for the science part.

Wil ltry this :)

Hey, you mentioned that the launchpad cam will be moving in a future update.. will this be automatic? I love setting up a launch cam on the launch clamps and watching it go, but I want it to be able to track the craft so I can zoom in and out and stuff.

Failing that, any kind of movement would be awesome :)

(slightly related - is there any other way to set up a launch cam other than on the clamps? I want it further back and the only way I can think to do this is to have a whole bunch of clamps outwards and attach the cam to the furthest one)

Getting the following in my KSP.log

[LOG 04:22:36.556] Load(Model): HullCameraVDS/Parts/Telescope/telescope
[ERR 04:22:36.719] Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24 or Alpha8
[ERR 04:22:36.728] Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24 or Alpha8

[LOG 04:22:42.266] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/aerocam/part/aerocam'
[WRN 04:22:42.280] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.282] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.282] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.294] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/aerocam/part/aerocam180'
[WRN 04:22:42.309] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.310] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.310] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.322] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_booster/part/hc_booster'
[WRN 04:22:42.325] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.326] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.326] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[ERR 04:22:42.327] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.327] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.332] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_launchcam/part/hc_launchcam'
[WRN 04:22:42.335] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.336] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.336] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution

[LOG 04:22:42.371] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_navcam/part/hc_navcam'
[WRN 04:22:42.385] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.387] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.387] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.393] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_scicam/part/hc_scicam'
[WRN 04:22:42.397] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.398] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.398] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.403] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hullcam_hubbazoot/part/mumech_hullcam'
[WRN 04:22:42.408] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Strut
[ERR 04:22:42.410] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.410] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.413] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/MSIKerbPro/part/kerbpro'
[WRN 04:22:42.421] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part
[ERR 04:22:42.422] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.422] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[LOG 04:22:42.439] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/Telescope/part/Telescope'
[WRN 04:22:42.442] PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Strut
[ERR 04:22:42.443] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.443] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution
[ERR 04:22:42.443] Cannot find a Module of typename 'BOSS'
[LOG 04:22:42.447] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/TelescopeLarge/part/Pictozoom 2000'
[WRN 04:22:42.465] PartLoader Warning: Variable Ki not found in CommandPod
[ERR 04:22:42.468] Cannot find a Module of typename 'BOSS'
[ERR 04:22:42.468] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HullCamera'
[WRN 04:22:42.468] Could not create PartResource of type 'Resolution

Is there a trick to changing the controls? I know you can edit the .cfg file, but if I try anything other than Minus, Equals, and Backspace, it doesn't work.

I also use K-OS and so I'm frequently using - and backspace, so my view keeps changing when I'm just editing a program.

Thanks. :-)

You need to know the exact name Unity uses, this link has all the possible keys listed:

I've tried Colon, Slash, Quote, Caret, and so on, but haven't been able to get them to work. I've been careful to only change the word in the .cfg, being careful not to delete any spaces or tabs.