[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

It's seems a bug slipped in 0.2.9.1, it should work now.

New version in the first post. :)

Sorry to anyone who lost their progress. :(

Edit: Source link updated to the latest version.

Edited by Albert VDS

It's seems a bug slipped in 0.2.9.1, it should work now.

New version in the first post. :)

Thank you, will give it a go tonight after work. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Tried tonight and seems to work great. I haven't done a LOT of testing, but at least I can load my Save file again without destroying it. :D Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by LameLefty

Sigh.. I would love to use the cams.. but I'm quite sick of this gamble.

If I go into the cam mode, there's about 1/5 chance I wont exit it unless I reload the craft or crash it. Any hints?

I've encountered a bug with Hullcam. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with another mod, since I use a heavily modded install.

I used version 2.7 for the longest time without issue, but updated all my mods and added a few new ones last week, so it broke at somepoint during that process but I didn't notice it until today. Basically, it looks like the Basic Hull Camera and the Pictozoom 1000 got merged somehow.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've already tried deleting and reinstalling Hullcam, but that doesn't do anything. I've checked the files, and both the Basic camera and the Pictozoom files are there, and I can't see anything wrong with them. I've done a quick scan of my mods, and can't find anything that immediately looks like it's conflicting or would cause this. Any ideas on what happened/what's wrong?

New version in the first post. (0.2.9.5)

Any ideas on what happened/what's wrong?

Newest release should fix this as the models are converted from DEA to MU.

Edited by Albert VDS

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to change the key bindings, but I want to change them to the : and ' buttons on my keyboard (English UK). What strings would I use for those in the cfg file?

But it's already set to 'Minus' and 'Equals' in the config; don't all the rest of the buttons have designations too? Also, has anyone else noticed that the 'abort' and 'exit hullcam' buttons are the same? That's... less than optimal for my planes. :D

I do already love this mod though, I remember the days of driving around on a Bigtrak with SAMs and the original hullcam equipped. My love for first person has not changed.

Maybe it works in the newest Unity version(haven't tried this yet), to change it you need to go to \Gamedata\HullcameraVDS\Plugin\Settings.cfg and change the CAMERA_NEXT and CAMERA_PREV to Colon and Semicolon.

Colon worked; semicolon didn't. Is there a central resource for these names of keys or do you just learn them as part of your coding work? Because I'm now trying to set my 'Return' button to reset the camera, but 'Return' didn't work.

How can i use the cams to get a launchpad video? I mean, having the camera fixed in the launchpad, is it possible? How? I've seen a video from a camera fixed to the ground 2 kms away from the launch.. it was awesome but i don't know how to do it :S

Create a rover with a camera(or a few) and drive it up to where you want it to see the launch.

When you launch cycle through all the active cameras till get to the camera on the rover.

Could you set the assembly name to something so it can be targeted by ModuleManager? In the current release, the 'File description' is empty.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42665548/KSP/Modeling/Screenshot_52.png

How would I do that though?

Is there a reason why the filter stops showing on the navcam? I don't see the interference anymore. Also is there a way to add my own .png overlay to this?

It doesn't work anymore for you or does it stop working after a while? Have you tried reinstalling, because it works fine when I last checked it.

You can change the texture by replacing model001.png with a different one.

• 2 weeks later...

After searching far and wide between topics of the mods I use, it seems that's this one to cause the planet flickering issue with en environment visual enhancement, which pops out when pressing F2 to disable UI while viewing through a camera.

The flickering doesn't go away until KSP complete restart and, apparently, there isn't any way of avoiding it to happen.

Does anybody has a solution for this?

I swear this is the only thing for keeping me to play this game ATM..

EDIT: this issue happens even if I first disable UI with f2 and then enter camera view with hotkeys..

Edited by PaganoCristo

I'll post a screenshot later, now I'm at the office.

I play with max render quality, 8x AA, Max texture quality. I don't think it's a graphic setting related issue though, since I've already tried switching from higher to lower settings, disabling AntiAliasing et cetera..

I'll run more specific graphic test this evening anyways, and let you know if I can find any interesting results.

My GPU is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 and, I forgot to tell you, I'm using the Astronomer Visual pack for EVE.

(Thank you for your support Albert, and may you forgive my perseverance but these mods put together are really another level for KSP)