[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

The screens in the ALCOR pod use the Raster Prop Monitor plugin, that plugin only allows attached camera's to show up on the monitor.

Sorry, I can't do anything about that.

Just to be clear though, given that the HullCam plugin does allow you to change the main camera between cameras of separated craft within loading distance, this is something that RPM could be changed to handle and we should request that feature over there?

is there any way to have them keep transmitting their feed to a craft they are not attached to if they were previously attached?

I believe your answer lies here:

I'd like to see my launch from the launchpad view on the PFD screen. This would require a camera slapped on a launch clamp pointing upwards. But as soon as I release the clamp I lose the connection, is it possible to make the connection persistent until it unloads physically?
No - that gets to be really messy, and Mihara nixed that when he looked into it. I don't intend to try to get something like that to work any time soon.
Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Would it be possible to add a camera to the stock docking ports? I would really love a nice smooth docking view, and just putting aerocams near the docking port never quite gives the proper angle. Looking at the part.cfg files it should be as easy as adding a module to the stock docking ports, but I am not sure what I am doing. Has anybody done this?

Would it be possible to add a camera to the stock docking ports? I would really love a nice smooth docking view, and just putting aerocams near the docking port never quite gives the proper angle. Looking at the part.cfg files it should be as easy as adding a module to the stock docking ports, but I am not sure what I am doing. Has anybody done this?

Here are some old module manager CFGs: http://www./download/yobm93muiixr1ci/HullcamDockingcam.zip

Any chance of giving the option to not have the first person options in the Kerbal's context menu? I'm personally not a fan of it and would like to get rid of the clutter. If possible, just a "firstPerson = true/false" or something in the settings config file would be appreciated!

I'm using the Booster cam with Raster Prop Monitor and can't seem to get RPM to pick up the 2nd camera.

I set the Booster unit to ID #1 but there's no option for the 2nd camera.

I get "No Signal" from the 2nd camera

any help would be appreciated

Edit: ok I just watched a YT video on the Booster cam and I see now each cam has to be activated individually and both can't be activated at once.

So here's my request... can we get it integrated with RPM and have separate ID #'s?

Edited by iDisOrder

how is that a limitation of RPM

Ok, so I remembered incorrectly (it was almost a year ago I answered this same question, I'm sorry my memory isn't perfect). Quoting the RPM Github and/or GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\ThirdPartySupport\hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg here:

// It is, unfortunately, impossible to correctly set up this particular model

// to have two RPM cameras at once. It needs to actually have at least one more

// named transform for this.

Hullcam needs another named transform OR RPM needs to make do with what it's got.

..but did you set the cam number in vab ?.. One cam is number 1 and one would be cam number 2 ?

it has one setting, not an option for the second, it's modeled as one unit but the description states it has 2 cameras.

It isn't clear that it does in fact have 2 cameras but not simultaneously

Hullcam needs another named transform OR RPM needs to make do with what it's got.

@MeCripp... my first request please

thankyouverymuch

I'm having trouble getting cameras to work with action groups. I want to set it up so 1 goes to my forward facing camera, 2 goes to rear facing, 3 goes outward, etc.

I set up action groups to activate the various cameras, but they don't seem to work consistently. Sometimes it feels like it goes to the right one, other times it seems to just jump randomly.

Is there a proper way to set up action groups to go to a particular camera?

I have tried with and without agx. I have disabled the main camera and am not using rpm.

Just a note, the Pictozoom 2000 has "module = CommandPod" at the top of the config, should be module = Part (all other cores/pods have that now) as is it creates a new "module filter" called CommandPod of which it is the only member.

Likewise the Telescope and Mumech_Hullcam have module = strut which again should be module = Part these days.

As a result of picking around the configs, and seeing they vary, which module is for this mod? Looking at the source it looks like MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom is the only one that's "yours" - with BOSS, HullCamera, and the resource "Resolution" being left over from previous versions and no longer needed....

PS:

Just did a little test, seems the only module needed for the functionality seen in this mod is

MODULE	{
name = MuMechModuleHullCamera
cameraName = Aerocam
cameraForward = 0, 0, 1
cameraUp = 0, 1, 0
cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.45, -0.0
cameraFoVMax = 75
cameraFoVMin = 30
}

As the "MuMechModuleHullCamera" in the source code is simply empty {} was this to get around some sort of bug?

Edited by tg626

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal for the screen to go all black except for the UI controls when I rightclick a camera and say "activate camera"? I tried putting a bottom-facing camera on my lander and when I activated it I couldn't get back out of the all-black mode to pilot the craft, and thus crashed. It occurred to me that going to the space center and back might force the game to reload the craft and fix the problem, and it did, but by the time I realized that I'd have to do that I'd already dropped to low to recover in time.

Is it possible to prevent the EVA camera (1st Kerbal view) to snap back to its origin after releasing the mouse button? Right now, its sort of annoying since its snapping back immediately.

Is it normal for the screen to go all black except for the UI controls when I rightclick a camera and say "activate camera"? I tried putting a bottom-facing camera on my lander and when I activated it I couldn't get back out of the all-black mode to pilot the craft, and thus crashed. It occurred to me that going to the space center and back might force the game to reload the craft and fix the problem, and it did, but by the time I realized that I'd have to do that I'd already dropped to low to recover in time.

I've a similar bug I suspect.

The debug window has "Look rotation viewing vector is zero"

<strike>Upon removing 0.40. (and also upon downgrading HullcamVDS to 0.34.1) the issue seems to disappear.</strike>

I've got quite a few mods installed, linking the export from ckan: http://pastebin.com/09fa4cQ0, and so finding the precise interaction has been difficult.

--

Edit:

Nope, even with downgrade the issue is there. I'm starting from a fresh install and building up mods. HullcamVDS was among the first in, so far so good.

Edited by waerloga
New Info

After reading the source I think I found part of the cause of my action group woes.

protected void Activate()
{
DebugOutput("Activate");

if (part.State == PartStates.DEAD)
{
return;
}
if (camActive)
{
if (sAllowMainCamera)
{
RestoreMainCamera();
}
else
{
CycleCamera(1);
}
return;
}
sCurrentCamera = this;
camActive = true;
}

If I use the activate action group for a camera that is already active, and I have main cam disabled, it cycles. I suspect there is a bug with cycling in this case that causes some of the active flags to get inconsistent, cause things get wonky after that happens. Anyhow, How do you feel about a config option to stay on the camera if you activate it and it is already active. My desire is that the 1 key always switches to a certain camera, no matter what, and so on. With main camera enabled it is a reasonable toggle, but with main camera disabled, things get crazy. Thanks!