[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

So I just did a New Horizons mission to Pluron-Khato, with the two small moons that are supposed to be Styx and Nyx. However, I was disappointed because I could make out no detail on them. Does this mod have zoom-able cameras?

Hello to all,

Is there anyway to have the camera open a small window rather than taking over the entire display?

And I guess the next question would be the ability to open multiple 'small window camera' and see more than one view at once.

Thanks and great mod.

Cheers.

Is there anyway to have the camera open a small window rather than taking over the entire display?

And I guess the next question would be the ability to open multiple 'small window camera' and see more than one view at once.

Not at the moment, maybe later versions.

Asked and answered before

Didn't have time to look through the 56 pages of posts, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I've noticed that the EVA "First Person" camera seems to be jumpy when walking around on Kerbins surface, by which I mean it will sort of switch back and forth between two angles that are slightly to the left and right (maybe 5 or 10 degrees) as I walk or sprint around. I'm not sure if this is a mod incompatibility, engine limitations, or a bug? I mean it would make sense for it to smoothly pan left and right a few degrees while in motion as it would feel more like the Kerbal was running, however what I'm experiencing is just a quick snap back and forth.

GDJ;

I suppose that's true, and I'd be alright with the camera just quickly swaying back and forth, but the issue I'm having is that it "snaps" back and forth as if it's just switches back and forth between two camera's, which actually hurts my eyes. Even a quick and extreme sway back and forth would be better than the snapping I'm seeming to get right now.

I was excited to read that Hullcam now includes docking cams, however my install crashes if I have the latest version of Hullcam in the GameData folder.

I've tried it with both 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 versions of module manager and the results after half a dozen attempts at loading is always the same, the "Oops" message appearing just at the point the front end of the game should appear.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

BTW I had an older version (from May this year) of hullcam in my GameData folder today and KSP ran fine with that installed. I deleted it before copying over the new version, so it's not a mixed version folder contents issue.

I've been using the docking cams since you've released them. Thank you; Much needed, very helpful and appreciated.

Some observations:

I've noticed that when coming in for docking, more often than not there is no data displayed about the target ship... don't quote me on this yet, I'll have to check further, but I think I'm only getting data on the first dock after starting the game. Sometimes that data pops up after the ships dock. Tonight I did 4 dockings, building my space station in Kerbin orbit, and not once did docking data appear in the display. I can't figure why this happening.

While working on my space station, when attempting to switch to the docking camera on the current ship, I find I have to toggle through every docking port to get to the one onboard my current/active ship. There's nothing unusual about my ships, nor docking attempts - 'control from here' is enacted on the inbound ship, 'set target to' is selected on the target docking port. Is there something you could do about having the docking port camera selection/toggle skip any port that's already in a docked state?

I was excited to read that Hullcam now includes docking cams, however my install crashes if I have the latest version of Hullcam in the GameData folder.

I've tried it with both 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 versions of module manager and the results after half a dozen attempts at loading is always the same, the "Oops" message appearing just at the point the front end of the game should appear.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

BTW I had an older version (from May this year) of hullcam in my GameData folder today and KSP ran fine with that installed. I deleted it before copying over the new version, so it's not a mixed version folder contents issue.

Forget about my crash problem.

I tried to find out if there was conflict with another add-on by taking all of them but the latest Hullcam out of the GameData folder, then putting them back in a few at a time. In the end I put all of them back in and the game works fine.

Wierd... ah well, now time for some docking action :)

...I've noticed that when coming in for docking, more often than not there is no data displayed about the target ship...

Like LordFerret I've also noticed the target info rarely displays. Additionally I use docking ports from a few different mods. I've modified the DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg file to modify any Docking Node Module, but the location of the camera is inside the docking part on a couple of the parts I use. I'm trying to modify the camera location settings to get this corrected, and having some issues interpreting these settings. cameraPosition seems pretty self explanatory, but cameraUp and cameraForward are throwing me off. Any help on what these two x,y,z coordinates are for would be helpful.

Without looking at the code, I would think cameraPostion to be the location of the camera on (or in this case, in) the part (docking port); cameraUp would be the vector denoting the frame up direction (top of the frame, y axis) relative to cameraPosition; and cameraForward would be the vector denoting the camera's facing forward direction (out the front of the camera, z axis) relative to cameraPosition.

Of course I could be totally wrong, and you should let Albert VDS define this for you. lol ;)

Since I keep getting people sending me here:

Will we ever see the ability to render the camera output to a sub window and have multiple cameras generating multiple windows simultaneously?

Not at the moment, maybe later versions.

Asked and answered before (11 posts ago)

Albert VDS...

I noticed for the first time tonight that I'm getting NREs related to your mod.

The first example I think I've posted in here before (pardon if I have), but I'm not sure if it's actually from your mod...

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:INTERNAL_set_localRotation (UnityEngine.Quaternion&)

at UnityEngine.Transform.set_localRotation (Quaternion value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterCamera2.UpdateTransformOverview () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterCamera2.UpdateTransform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterCamera2.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The second example, I had 22 instances pop up in the output_log file...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at HullcamVDS.MovieTime.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I've saved the persistent and output_log files; If you want them just let me know and I'll make them available via DropBox.

• 2 weeks later...
Love the update Albert VDS. I'm just wondering though, am I meant to have cross hairs on all cameras? I can see that the docking ports should have them, but all of mine do. Like this:

http://www.hostpic.org/images/1508161137010099.jpg

I also have the same problem and nobody gave an answer. Definitely a bug because the other cameras shouldn't have the crosshairs, just the docking camera. FYI I'm using the CKAN version.

none of my Science Cameras have them, and although all my current craft were ported over from 0.90 I did re-build one in 1.0.4 but that doesn't have crosshairs either. Check the PART{} in the VESSEL{} in the SFS file and see if there are any MODULE{} named for docking and removing them might get rid of the crosshairs. Best guess right now, will be able to investigate more if I ever come across this issue myself

Anyone know what's up with AlbertVDS these days? I don't recall him posting that he'd be taking time off for a while, but haven't seen him around lately either

none of my Science Cameras have them, and although all my current craft were ported over from 0.90 I did re-build one in 1.0.4 but that doesn't have crosshairs either. Check the PART{} in the VESSEL{} in the SFS file and see if there are any MODULE{} named for docking and removing them might get rid of the crosshairs. Best guess right now, will be able to investigate more if I ever come across this issue myself

Anyone know what's up with AlbertVDS these days? I don't recall him posting that he'd be taking time off for a while, but haven't seen him around lately either

OK, so it's not actually all the cameras, it seems to just be the boostercam that has crosshairs.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but is there a way to add the docking camera to docking ports from other mods? I'm using Chaka Monkey's parts and the ports from that don't have the cameras.

Actually I have the same question. I'm using CX Aerospace's station parts.

I've added the hull cam science cam module to a part before. All it took was to copy and past the module for the camera add electricity as a resource and tweak the position / orientation section of the cfg module and you should be good to go.

You could add this bit of code to the part configs (or create a module manager patch yourself so you don't change the original at all) :

You probably need to tweak the camera position settings though, as each one is a little different.

{
MODULE
{
name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
cameraName = NavCam
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0
cameraFoVMax = 60
cameraFoVMin = 60
cameraMode = 1
}
}

I put several cameras onto a craft and disabled each of them (just for check). Then used "Activate Camera" option on any camera and the game crashed with weird views.

Also, I don't see science experiment options for sci cam.