[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

On 18.4.2016 at 3:23 PM, boborene said:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vector3d' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

-> CTD

and backspace key not working.

On 26.4.2016 at 9:53 PM, Sobotkama said:

In addition to all the bugs reported here...
When i build a vessel that has a docking port in the middle (redoing apollo again) and press decouple node, the ports stay together, ship stys one vessel and starts spinning around.

Same here with ksp 1.1.2 x64, except the CTD. Instead the ship gets rapid offcenter from the camera and totally uncontrollable.

Here an output_log.txt with the TypeLoadException spam.

Just now, johnwayne1930 said:

Same here with ksp 1.1.2 x64, except the CTD. Instead the ship gets rapid offcenter from the camera and totally uncontrollable.

Here an output_log.txt with the TypeLoadException spam.

@Albert VDS is still working on this. Don't get me wrong I want to see it work as well. This is one of my FAVORITE mods ever made. 

Still, it was broken in 1.1, so their is NO way its going to work on 1.1.2

I wish I first looked in to the forums to find what was breaking my docking ports instead of removing and installing all of the mods I had one by one :D

Hope you find the problem soon since I love to let Mech Jeb control a rocket so I can enjoy the cam views 

Edited by Dogpool

I have had bugs where the camera parts randomly offset back to the launch site and stay that distance to the rocket. My camera goes crazy and I don't like it.

I will remove Hullcam for now.

1 hour ago, Kerbiter said:

I have had bugs where the camera parts randomly offset back to the launch site and stay that distance to the rocket. My camera goes crazy and I don't like it.

I will remove Hullcam for now.

make sure you just remove the .dll only  or you will lose your crafts due to missing parts

Last Version (8 may )  KSP win32 RSS. Switch buttons (- =) don`t working and camera  goes crazy .Are there alternative modes with external cams?

Edited by Ciko

On 5/1/2016 at 10:32 AM, Dogpool said:

I wish I first looked in to the forums to find what was breaking my docking ports instead of removing and installing all of the mods I had one by one :D

Hope you find the problem soon since I love to let Mech Jeb control a rocket so I can enjoy the cam views 

Had same problem. After launch, may be after couple minutes of fly, all docking ports starts to be invisible and camera de-focused from vehicle to point in hundred meters behind vehicle.
Removing (sadly :() Hullcam - everything works fine.

Edited by Shirson

2 hours ago, Shirson said:

Had same problem. After launch, may be after couple minutes of fly, all docking ports starts to be invisible and camera de-focused from vehicle to point in hundred meters behind vehicle.
Removing (sadly :() Hullcam - everything works fine.

Well, since Hullcam isn't compatible with 1.1, your problems aren't surprising.

I took a look at it to see how difficult it would be to get it working.  Unfortunately, it's not easy, and I'm rather busy with my other mods right now.

If it hasn't been updated when I have time, I may try again, but it's going to be a few weeks.  

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, since Hullcam isn't compatible with 1.1, your problems aren't surprising.

I took a look at it to see how difficult it would be to get it working.  Unfortunately, it's not easy, and I'm rather busy with my other mods right now.

If it hasn't been updated when I have time, I may try again, but it's going to be a few weeks.  

Hey, with so many awesome stuff you got going when ever it comes I am happy ^_^

On 5/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, davidy12 said:

@linuxgurugamer:
I'd LOVE to see this thing working again. :D 

A while back (aka, the release of 1.1) I tried to use this mod, and long story short, I managed to get a kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch working. It turns out there wasn't anything wrong code (or at least I didn't check) all it needed was for me to update the references, and force it to use the latest version of the mono framework. After hours of hair pulling, I finally managed to complete said task, though I wouldn't wish that ordeal on anyone, as that was the first time I had EVER used unity, and though I don't have problems with coding, they don't have very good UI tutorials.

If anyone wants a copy of my  kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch I'll post a copy of the files here.

I uploaded the kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch, though remember, use at your own risk.

If anyone finds a bug I can easily replicate, I'll take a look,  whether I'll be able to do anything is a completely different story.

Download the patch

Edited by N1njawarrior
Uploading a temporary patch/fix

2 hours ago, N1njawarrior said:

A while back (aka, the release of 1.1) I tried to use this mod, and long story short, I managed to get a kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch working. It turns out there wasn't anything wrong code (or at least I didn't check) all it needed was for me to update the references, and force it to use the latest version of the mono framework. After hours of hair pulling, I finally managed to complete said task, though I wouldn't wish that ordeal on anyone, as that was the first time I had EVER used unity, and though I don't have problems with coding, they don't have very good UI tutorials.

If anyone wants a copy of my  kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch I'll post a copy of the files here.

Why can't you repost it?

@N1njawarrior I just got a chance to play with your patch. Hullcam works nominally. The "-" button responds every time.The "+" button only works after cameras have been accessed either by clicking on the camera and choosing "activate camera" or when you are already in a camera cycling view from pressing "-". The "Backspace" return to normal view key works as well.

However, the shading from the cameras doesn't currently work. I think that's more a Movietime problem then your patch to the actual hullcam .dll. Overall, it is amazing to have this only friend in a "mostly" working condition. Thank you so, so much for your assistance.

22 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

@N1njawarrior I just got a chance to play with your patch. Hullcam works nominally. The "-" button responds every time.The "+" button only works after cameras have been accessed either by clicking on the camera and choosing "activate camera" or when you are already in a camera cycling view from pressing "-". The "Backspace" return to normal view key works as well.

However, the shading from the cameras doesn't currently work. I think that's more a Movietime problem then your patch to the actual hullcam .dll. Overall, it is amazing to have this only friend in a "mostly" working condition. Thank you so, so much for your assistance.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, if you encounter problems with the "+" key, the "-" key, or Backspace, my personal experience is that rapidly spamming any button that affects the camera, stock or hullcam, will force the mod to start working again.

Again, If anyone finds a bug you easily replicate, tell me and I'll give it a shot.

I've had a bit of an idea. I seem to get serious bugs with the craft drifting off-centre until I timewarp if there is any part with a Hullcams config on the craft. Does this still happen with Tarsier Space Technologies? They also have camera-alike parts, but don't seem to have problems like this. Perhaps the developer of TST could take a look?

Hello guys! Well, first of all, i need to say i love too much this mod, and now i update the game for 1.1.2 version i was thinking.

would be a good thing if this mod have a GUI or HUB to alternate the cameras, not so complicated, but something to put some ID on each camera and alternate fast for each one.

What do you say?

Edited by Ossako
error in write