[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

On 5/11/2016 at 7:02 PM, N1njawarrior said:

A while back (aka, the release of 1.1) I tried to use this mod, and long story short, I managed to get a kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch working. It turns out there wasn't anything wrong code (or at least I didn't check) all it needed was for me to update the references, and force it to use the latest version of the mono framework. After hours of hair pulling, I finally managed to complete said task, though I wouldn't wish that ordeal on anyone, as that was the first time I had EVER used unity, and though I don't have problems with coding, they don't have very good UI tutorials.

If anyone wants a copy of my  kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch I'll post a copy of the files here.

I uploaded the kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch, though remember, use at your own risk.

If anyone finds a bug I can easily replicate, I'll take a look,  whether I'll be able to do anything is a completely different story.

Download the patch

Hi thanks for doing this.

Can you post your updated source code please?  Thanks!

58 minutes ago, N1njawarrior said:

oh, sorry, I'll post the source.

Edit: here is the source for my patch.

Thanks!  Just didn't want to see your work get pulled due to missing source (it's a requirement)

59 minutes ago, whalefsh said:

N1njawarrior, thank you so much for the patch mate - I can build my stations with robotic camera arms again.

You're welcome, I glad that you're enjoying it. :)

59 minutes ago, whalefsh said:

Just registered to say that :)

Lol, I registered just to upload this patch. I didn't want to see this mod die, and I had already patched it.

3 minutes ago, DennyTX said:

huh, only cameras, without working shaders? or i missed something?

Yeah, I didn't mess with the shaders, It would be significantly harder for me to fix that, as I have no prior knowledge of how things should look/work, as I had never used the mod before 1.1.

Edited by N1njawarrior
I'm a grammar pedant, mustn't use no bad grammar

On 11/05/2016 at 3:02 AM, N1njawarrior said:

A while back (aka, the release of 1.1) I tried to use this mod, and long story short, I managed to get a kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch working. It turns out there wasn't anything wrong code (or at least I didn't check) all it needed was for me to update the references, and force it to use the latest version of the mono framework. After hours of hair pulling, I finally managed to complete said task, though I wouldn't wish that ordeal on anyone, as that was the first time I had EVER used unity, and though I don't have problems with coding, they don't have very good UI tutorials.

If anyone wants a copy of my  kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch I'll post a copy of the files here.

I uploaded the kinda-sorta somewhat *stable* patch, though remember, use at your own risk.

If anyone finds a bug I can easily replicate, I'll take a look,  whether I'll be able to do anything is a completely different story.

Download the patch

Just like to thank you for this, jumping into and existing KSP mod and making a fix is never easy.

6 hours ago, redteddy23 said:

Just like to thank you for this, jumping into and existing KSP mod and making a fix is never easy.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy. :)

If you find any bugs, excluding shaders not working, tell me. It doesn't look like @Albert VDS has been on the forums much recently, so it looks like the burden of bugfixing still falls on me.

As for the shaders, I'll look into fixing those, though I can't guarantee anything before about mid-June.

On 31.05.2016 at 8:22 AM, N1njawarrior said:

Yeah, I didn't mess with the shaders, It would be significantly harder for me to fix that, as I have no prior knowledge of how things should look/work, as I had never used the mod before 1.1.

seems i know how to fix shaders for KSP 1.1.2 and Unity 5.2.4

but where i can find initial source (with shader)?  Looks like source link in OP has been broken.

Edited by DennyTX

On 6/2/2016 at 1:20 AM, DennyTX said:

but where i can find initial source (with shader)?  Looks like source link in OP has been broken.

I'm pretty sure you have to download the non-source (release) version of the patch, as the source doesn't have any textures, parts/part configs, or shaders. (same with the normal Hullcam source download)

Thanks for volunteering to fix the shaders, right now I'm trying to get my mac setup to debug BD Armoury.

The patch can be downloaded here.

The source can be downloaded here.

I can't live without docking cameras. I'm going to give your patch a try. Thank you. :)

Edit: Apparently the docking camera isn't working. The others are however.

Edited by LordFerret

On 6/2/2016 at 1:20 AM, DennyTX said:

The initial source was linked to that ol' MED1A.FIR3 site but got killed; it still works if you fill in the blank. Here is a rehost of it; license was GPL, and still is I guess, I didn't change anything, just looked inside and, yup, looks like sourcery. :)

It has filters.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Danny Carman said:

By the way Hullcam VDS V0.52 uses the ModuleManager.2.6.21,But the mods I use depend on the ModuleManager.2.6.24.

Module Manager is upward compatible.  You only need the latest version that works under KSP 1.1.2, MM 2.6.25.

Edited by Jacke

Bumping to say that I really appreciate the work that @Albert VDS put into this mod and that I look forward to it being updated to be compatible with current version KSP. I also want to thank @N1njawarrior for the unofficial patch he released restoring basic functionality to the mod. I've been lurking around this thread for a while and figured I would share an animation made using one of my favorite Hullcam VDS cameras (filters), the Kassleblad 500, so that those unfamiliar with the mod can see what it looked like in action circa 1.0.5:

There and Back Again