Question: How do i group Lander Legs...

Guys.

I'm building a mobile moon base, and i trying to work out how to make my 16 lander legs all go down at once... atm they only come down in two's therefore i have to click 8 times to get all legs down and that is a pain in the a**...

I assume there must be a way to do so... so gentlemen answers on a postcard to this forum thread!

Assign all your legs to an action group (one of the three blue tabs to the left of the craft name in the VAB) and when you press the corresponding number key (number keys along the top on the keyboard not the number pad) then all the legs should lower together

Edit: gah! Ninja'd!

... These custom action groups... Can I group anything into them? Damnit, I can use them to activate and de-activate engines and solar panels, can't I? Man, I wish I'd figured that out about twelve hours ago when I was launching my satellites.

Thanks for the info, i will have a mess with action groups.. as for the G button there are three legs i dont want to extend ;-> though push comes to shove those legs could be removed...

Well, you could just extend all the legs, and have those three legs binded to an action group so you can retract them again.

Or also remove those three legs from the landing gear key group :)

Does that work now? I've never been able to successfully remove landing gear from the default key. It looks like it works when you look at the configuration in the VAB, but then all the legs deploy anyway when I press "G". It's not a huge thing, but it means mechjeb-assisted landings with complex payloads will hilariously tear themselves apart when all the neatly packed-away landing gear go off at once.

It also means even if you don't use mechjeb, and forget to use your custom-key-mapped landing gear and press "G", the same thing occurs. My self-righting rover explosively disassembles the lander carrying it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.