Mission Control UI [Infographic]

So, I found this infographic for the IRL history of spaceflight and I thought it might work with the mission control like so -

The suggestion is that when Mission Control becomes usable, the central screen of it be a chart like this which quickly summaries our progress [white lines], failure [grey lines with X] and future mission plans [Dotted lines]. The summary at the bottom can be the review screen.

Btw, playing this game and then looking at what we have managed to do in reality, with all the concerns for safety, politics, budgets [not to mention engineering and physical challenges and a few disasters] makes me proud just to belong to our magnificent species.

So, I found this infographic for the IRL history of spaceflight and I thought it might work with the mission control like so -

The suggestion is that when Mission Control becomes usable, the central screen of it be a chart like this which quickly summaries our progress [white lines], failure [grey lines with X] and future mission plans [Dotted lines]. The summary at the bottom can be the review screen.

Btw, playing this game and then looking at what we have managed to do in reality, with all the concerns for safety, politics, budgets [not to mention engineering and physical challenges and a few disasters] makes me proud just to belong to our magnificent species.

I like the idea, it is a very nice way to see what you have done and are doing.

As for reality...I some times think we have lost something. Politicians and the like are to concerned with a single life when it comes to this sort of thing, and yet we loose more in car accidents and wars every day. We have a mentality of a shut-in, and we need to just stop and realize there are billions of humans right now...one or two casualties in the name of progress is not a very high cost at all. Especially if those that are lost accept it is a possibility of the job.

That would be a really good way for them to list out various goals or achievements in KSP. Do like. It could fit into mission control if it's meant to guide you along with your space program or it could fit into the museum they briefly mentioned as a brief image of your successes and so on.

Very good suggestion :o

Glad to see you guys like it. I have also added this to the Main KSP subreddit - http://redd.it/1ki9d4 so further discussion on this matter may also occur there.

Perhaps a further suggestion would be that each mission is clickable and brings up the flight info for past missions and a similiar flight plan dialogue for future missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.