New player lookking for mods.

jderica

Hello, I just discovered this game and so far it is AWESOME :D. Best game ever I have played since Elite series a decade ago :D. Keep up the good work!

I was reading various forums and wiki pages and noticed Kethane Pack and ISA MapSat and how great this mods are to enhance the game and generally add more things to do. Are there any similar mods to consider?

This is a list fo things I'm looking for and if they are available:

1. I want to make some sort of a capsule around Rovers and satellites for aerodynamic purposes, so that I can pack 2-3 of them on a rocket and when I reach a specific orbit, release one of them, detach it's capsule and then land it or set it up.

2. So far I've been using The Not-Rockomax Micronode and Cubic Octagonal Strut for building small parts, but I would really like more pieces like Struts/Girders, specifically with those green mount points, like the Rockomax Micronode.

3. Also a mod that adds Stack Bi/tri/quad Couplers for small engines like Ion Drive and Rockomax 48.7S would be awesome for small ships and big probes.

Thanks you for any suggestions and again, keep up the good work on this game :D.

Hello, I just discovered this game and so far it is AWESOME :D. Best game ever I have played since Elite series a decade ago :D. Keep up the good work!

I was reading various forums and wiki pages and noticed Kethane Pack and ISA MapSat and how great this mods are to enhance the game and generally add more things to do. Are there any similar mods to consider?

This is a list fo things I'm looking for and if they are available:

1. I want to make some sort of a capsule around Rovers and satellites for aerodynamic purposes, so that I can pack 2-3 of them on a rocket and when I reach a specific orbit, release one of them, detach it's capsule and then land it or set it up.

2. So far I've been using The Not-Rockomax Micronode and Cubic Octagonal Strut for building small parts, but I would really like more pieces like Struts/Girders, specifically with those green mount points, like the Rockomax Micronode.

3. Also a mod that adds Stack Bi/tri/quad Couplers for small engines like Ion Drive and Rockomax 48.7S would be awesome for small ships and big probes.

Thanks you for any suggestions and again, keep up the good work on this game :D.

If you're looking for more parts really in general (including couplers, structural elements, more engines, etc. etc.) I would download and install 'KW Rocketry' and 'NovaPunch'. These two mods are very large and just packed full of many, many parts. There are a lot of mods that are around the same idea as say Kethane, but it is by far the best that I know of. The developers of Kethane have really done a fantastic job with it. As Spica said though, just check out the Kerbal Spaceport and download away :) You can always remove them if you find one you're not happy with.

Hope this helped a little bit :)

Novapunch is quite lovely, has almost every part you might wish for (including much stronger struts), however I've had some issues in 0.21.1 with regards attaching parts in the VAB. I've also crashed 5 metre rockets into the floor at silly speeds and watched them bounce due to NP parts tending to have a rather high durability.

ISA Mapsat is awesome for finding anomalies in a semi-realistic manner as you've already mentioned, however make sure you get the "unofficial" version that lets you turn off mapping in the atmosphere and stops a horrific lag-bug by doing this.

Mechjeb (either 1.9 or 2.x) is an almost required mod that I think should have been rolled into stock somehow a long while ago (though some people will have not very nice words to say to me about that), and Procedural Fairings may help you with packing stuff up into aerodynamic shells.

Other than that, yeah, get to the Spaceport and knock yerself out!

Thank you all for replying.

I've looked into Procedual Fairings and that is exactly what i want :D. A way to make a probe/rover aerodynamic.

I had some problems with MapSat, was using 3.3.1 on KSP 0.21.1 and couldn't get hte icon to show up. Will look for 3.4.4 now and see if it works.

Also downloading Novapunch now. Altho mods that add more engine don't really apeal to me, I don't like to get the game imbalanced, I read in the description that it also adds size adapters, so hopefully a way to make a nice looking tri Ion Drive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.