Ability to attach a picture to the flag plaque

There are times when I get a lander down and plant a flag that I've taken a screenshot of what got me down there and its crew standing beside or in other layouts.

What I think might be a nice addition, would be to be able to attach a screenshot to the plaque of a flag so if it's ever revisited, you can see what was there when you got there the first time.

This might sound a tad redundant thanks to screenshots being readily available regardless, but it's one thing I'd like to add to the words engraved on the plaque on each flag so if I do manage to revisit the site, I'll not only have words but a viewport to what I may have forgotten I'd done, as screenshots can't as easily be placed "This was that site and that was this site".

Something that might make it a little more unique would be for a Kerbal to take out a camera, put it on a stand, move the Kerbal to a position within shot and when ready, switch to the camera, aim it and take the picture. It would also add to the things to do with the Kerbals when down on each world/moon that isn't just there for utility.

This isn't necessary for the game, just something I think would be nice.

I'm always in favor of features that can let you further customize your missions, kerbals, rockets or pretty much anything else.

I'd be totally okay with taking a screenshot from within the game and maybe using a simple crop tool to cut out a section of it for plaques and things. I think posting a full screenshot might wind up being too big, though and different aspect rations might wind up being a bit wonky, but cropping a square section out of a screenshot you took would be good, I think.

I'd also like for there to be cameras you can take with you, maybe have some that mount onto your craft or some that your kerbal holds. Maybe they could have like a helmet cam or something, for when/if they come out with first-person EVAs. They could be used for just taking cool screenshots or for gathering a bit of science data. Would be good, methinks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.