Stereo Pair Screenshots

Okay, I realize this will probably only matter to a very, very small number of people. Maybe even just me. I have a stereoviewer (Victorian Viewmaster type thing) and enjoy making my own cards for it. I can take photo pairs pretty easily by just holding the camera over each eye in turn while taking a picture (as long as nothing is moving very quickly ... stupid pedestrians).

While retiring my old 0.18 save I had the idea of trying to take some stereo shots of my old workhorse ships. While I was able to achieve pretty good results just by hitting the screenshot key and then rotating the camera view slightly to the side and taking a second one, the speeds at which things are moving sometimes means that the planet below has moved far enough to mess things up.

It would be pretty cool to have, possibly as a menu option, "stereo screenshots". You hit the "stereoshot" key and it pauses the game for a moment, takes a single screenshot, swings the camera to the right slightly and takes the second, maybe even labels them "screenshot123-L.png" and "screenshot123-R.png" to make keeping pairs together easier.

Even with the crude method described above, I was able to make this pair - it is a "cross your eyes" pair, so you don't the special viewer, just lean back, cross your eyes and then try and focus on the hitchhiker module in the middle.

5p80.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.