Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

Is there anything I can build? Currently finishing the Oceania pack for Kerbin Side will be starting my Oil Platform pack which includes a retooled version of HoneyFox's Ocean Odyssey with UV maps. I'm building (for myself) a company headquarters and a much needed bridge.

Can I get a plot of land too? I'd like to make a nuclear power station/nuclear research institute.

While I'm at it, is there any way to implement city lights to a building? like the ones at the KSC.

You should be able to set up the glowing windows effect by giving them an emissive and setting it to always on in the animation option in unity (haven't tried always on emssive myself). Or to toggle like the B9 and Spaceplane+ has.

As far as I know, there are a few open plots on Eastern Island, and the new island is completely open. But you'll have to talk to nothke about get a plot for sure. You might as well start working now, as I don't see why you wouldn't get a plot.

Just a note to say Kerbin City is now supported by Kerbal Konstructs - even the launch points have been fixed, which is great news. Good luck in those exams nothke, looking forward to build 3. This project is now over a year old, congrats on the longevity.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93699-0-24-2-WIP-Kerbal-Konstructs-v0-2-1-(Sept-18)-Static-Objects-and-Launch-Sites!

Any ideas on how to get this work so I have a town like in Bob Fitches latest video? tried to go through all the various ad hock updates in the thread but nothings working :(

Just grab the newest version from the Addon Releases thread linked in the OP and make sure you have the newest version of the Kerbal Konstructs plugin. That's what I'm using and I have experienced no issues beyond my own incompetence.

Links:

Kerbin City Release Thread

Kerbal Konstructs Plugin (basically a new, better version of the original KerbTown plugin)

Edited by OrbitusII

Thanks, so I get v 0.22 for Kerbin City and 24.2 for kerbal konstructs and it will just work ?

Correct. The only issues I've experienced are related to adding new objects (due to poor folder naming) so if you're just playing with Kerbin City you shouldn't have any issues.

Unless you have Lack's KSC++, there shouldn't be any buildings around KSC. Kerbin City is located farther south along the coast. Sometimes the game gets messed up and you get the VAB spawned inside of the editor, I haven't noticed any issues when that happens though.

• 3 weeks later...
Great work, I love this mod, But are you planning on adding destructable building or not ??? It should be a poll maybe.

Destructible buildings have to be coded as a part of the plugin that makes Kerbin City possible, although the Kerbin City participants have to make their own destroyed models for the plugin to use. Link to Kerbal Konstructs, the plugin in question.

There's also the issue of whether or not we can expect a new build anytime soon, which is more important than whether or not destructible buildings will be added.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hay guys, sorry again for a ~3 month delay xD I started working on my own game and got out of KSP completely. There are some things I'd like to finish while taking a break from my game, so I'll try to publish KC soon.

Anyway, I see KerbTown doesn't work in the new version, and that new mod KerbalKonstructs is taking over, right?

• 4 months later...