Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

I think for looks, it being a monorail isn't a problem, but those bogies look terrible. Wouldn't it be better to make 2m tracks and, say, modular bogies and bodies?

I agree, they look terrible, they're also pretty cumbersome so far.

But, if Nothke says yes, my planed modular bogie could be included with the city.

This means I could lock in a more practical size track.

Looking forward to seeing version two! Would we be able to get the textures used in it included in the shared textures? It'd be silly to add a new texture, when ones that are there already could be re-used.

Edited by Tw1

Hello people, I've gotta say that, unfortunately for the project, but fortunately for me, real life kicked in and I have to postpone build 2 and my work on the project for a few days, (hopefully). Olympic1 and Cooly568 can still manage the project. For the time being I will visit the forum from time to time, but know that I won't be 100% active in the coming days. The project isn't dead or anything big, but just so you know why the project is going slower than expected, from my side. And also that I can say it officially and not drag myself around thinking I am doing a lot when actually it doesn't work just investing 10% of the effort.

You can continue making models of course, and the next time I'm "back on track" I will assemble build 2.

Edited by nothke

Fine, let's just hope this doesn't end up dying silently, like every awesome project on the internet ever.

I doubt it. There is far too much community interest, and he left at least two other people in charge (smartest move). At the very least, they could pass on the control to someone else and Nothke would roll with it. He is a nice guy, as long as there was not a big fight when he got back he would probably be fine.

Hello people, I've gotta say that, unfortunately for the project, but fortunately for me, real life kicked in and I have to postpone build 2 and my work on the project for a few days, (hopefully).

Don't worry it'd be pretty unrealistic to expect constant rapid development with something like this. A few days isn't much.

Fine, let's just hope this doesn't end up dying silently, like every awesome project on the internet ever.

If I decided to abandon the project, that would certainly not be before I set up all the streets and plots on all the islands. Everything else is mainly community's decision. And not "every awesome project" dies on the internet "ever" xD

Definitely a mod i'll keep an eye on! Great work so far :).

Game could definitely do a bit more in the colony or settlement department imho and this looks ace, the homeworld would look great with a few cities there already.

I'll be taking a little break too until Nothke gets back. I'm not quitting the project or anything, but I want to work on some models of my own for a change. Your mind start turning to sludge after working on something for a few weeks.

I'll be taking a little break too until Nothke gets back. I'm not quitting the project or anything, but I want to work on some models of my own for a change. Your mind start turning to sludge after working on something for a few weeks.

Let's hope Olympic will stay around then, i check this topic every day after school, my daily awesomeness quota must be met ;)

Nothke is not responding to my PMs so I'll just dump it here. I started working on a Carrier/Mobile launch ship for the city. Since it won't need any plot can I just simply model it and send it in, without dealing the different phases thing?

Anyway early WIP pictures. What do you guys think? What should be added/improved/removed?

15iJNcF.png

Nothke is not responding to my PMs so I'll just dump it here. I started working on a Carrier/Mobile launch ship for the city. Since it won't need any plot can I just simply model it and send it in, without dealing the different phases thing?

Anyway early WIP pictures. What do you guys think? What should be added/improved/removed?

-picture snip-

Looks pretty neat! I would personally put the launch pad in the center of the ship though, folding down into the deck. I cant help but think that having a giant rocket sitting at one end of a ship would not be very good for it.

One thing that might be worth pointing out, is this is going to be a city, not another space center, so equipment for handing spacecraft is not something that would necessarily be common there.

Not that that doesn't mean an aircraft carrier thing like that couldn't be stationed at the seaport area, as long as there's room for other ships too.

Phase B is a planning phase, and about where we are now.

Of course, Nothke has the final say, but they are taking a rest from this Atm.

Keep tweeking and testing, be patent, and we will see. :)

Grijze PilionLet's hope Olympic will stay around then, i check this topic every day after school, my daily awesomeness quota must be met ;) That's my temporary answer to the reply with quote broke. But I shall still be around this page and the spreadsheet, I'm just taking a slight break to model my own things.

7H5KYH5.png

Added a company logo (Marathon International, the company that "designs" my planes).

If you want offices in Kerbin City just send me a PM with a building design idea and a company logo to use. (No text on the logo please, I'm trying to keep it low poly)

Edited by OrbitusII

7H5KYH5.png

Added a company logo (Marathon International, the company that "designs" my planes).

If you want offices in Kerbin City just send me a PM with a building design idea and a company logo to use. (No text on the logo please, I'm trying to keep it low poly)

looks nice