Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

Got photoshop reinstalled finally, took mashing up the registry and finding every little adobe reference (even flash player) to finally get it going but it is. So I'm in a position to get going again finally. I've changed focus, I was going to have a big main building, but I think a multistory car park has my biggest interest, so I'm gonna do that first. My HQ building I wanted to do I think I will simplify as it was going to be horrendous to finish and a bit over detailed.

EDIT : Quick question Nothke, how confident are you with open buildings that can be entered and making that work in Unity?

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

A lot of people created their industries buildings. I want it too =D

http://i.imgur.com/bF7RTSj.png

Space Factory

They mostly created their headquarters buildings, but you made an actual FACTORY!! WOW!

The first candidate for the future industrial district? =)

EDIT : Quick question Nothke, how confident are you with open buildings that can be entered and making that work in Unity?

No problem with that. The airport terminal will be enterable for example, I am planning more buildings like galleries, halls, arenas maybe, and factories that will have interiors.

I am all for the "continuous" method, but it depends on performance / polycount / materials /lights how it will all work. KerbQuest is for example using a method of loading a new scene when entering interiors, this could be a good way to have hundreds of interiors and no lag, except you won't be able to look through windows =(

Anyway you should build your interior like I said it first, model it directly over (or under) the external model, it won't be much of a problem later to see if we will make it continuous or separate and just add a few doors xD

Edited by nothke

They mostly created their headquarters buildings, but you made an actual FACTORY!! WOW!

The first candidate for the future industrial district? =)

Maybe :D

I'm almost finished. But it has 6 textures and i know that is too big. 3 normalmaps and 3 textures :(

DNJt2qa.png

zgqiezE.png

MUeTmXJ.png

Yes. 3 files for textues and 3 files for bumpmaps.

Well... then i completely misunderstood the whole texturing restictments :confused: I put everything in one texture and spend 2 Hours messing with the damn uv-map ... (I dont have normal/bumpmaps)

To late now, the next Buildings will have those :D

Well... then i completely misunderstood the whole texturing restictments :confused: I put everything in one texture and spend 2 Hours messing with the damn uv-map ... (I dont have normal/bumpmaps)

To late now, the next Buildings will have those :D

Man. You are right. But in my case i have a lot of details. And every file must be 512x512 or less.

4EmwQGR.png

eS5dhEQ.png

FjGaWn4.png

Hmm, the interior is pretty critical to my idea but its real basic though. Pretty much just uses your built in textures throughout so far (though I'll add at least one of my own maps to it) I figured if we were gonna be able to spawn in some vehicles, might as well have something fun to drive around that fits the theme. I'll grab a screenie in a second.

Man. You are right. But in my case i have a lot of details. And every file must be 512x512 or less.

4EmwQGR.png

eS5dhEQ.png

FjGaWn4.png

Wow, thanks for the insight man! :cool:

I feel so pixely now :) I will rework the Capitol when i'm starting with the road to the entrance,

the Helipad, and the park infront of it!

Maybe in 2 days or so, at the moment i'm pretty sick of it and the error I made (2 Faces have no texture so you can see thru them, but in the editor they are all right.. :confused:

I just startet texturing a Skyscraper (98polys) (100m high, 20x20 wide) with a mall at its bottom (SPACEMALL),

and I was playing with some smaller objects that might get pretty useful later

(small props like container, advertising collums, etc.)

Now that I'm getting used to all this I think I will deliver a lot :D

So before I go too far with this idea to hear it may not be feasible, heres a snapshot of what I'm doing. No exterior walls yet but I know what I want to do for those. The interior was the real hard bit, so I got that out the way first.

http://i.imgur.com/UeX2ZWF.png

i like it) And i think i can create interiors for some building. =D

So before I go too far with this idea to hear it may not be feasible, heres a snapshot of what I'm doing. No exterior walls yet but I know what I want to do for those. The interior was the real hard bit, so I got that out the way first.

UeX2ZWF.png

That Parkingdeck is huge! :DI would cut the second road in it but make it 1-2 Stories higher!

(Just my opinion, in Germany we love it cozy! :wink: )

parkhaus.png

That was originally the plan, then I figured if the deck is big enough, it would be possible to set up a slalom in there.

The spiral ramp was something I accidentally found out how to do a few minutes ago really easily, so I went ahead and added it. Originally I'd planned to have up/down ramps in there.

http://i.imgur.com/UeX2ZWF.png

Ok, this thing has to be in a "continuous" method, so no problems there. I thought you meant like buildings that you enter in EVA and you really need a high quality interior.

BTW, looking great! =)

Ok, this thing has to be in a "continuous" method, so no problems there. I thought you meant like buildings that you enter in EVA and you really need a high quality interior.

BTW, looking great! =)

Can you teach me how to use interiers? I can do some.

MrTheBull from what I'm understanding here by continuous he's meaning that its part of the same model. You walk from outside to inside without transition.

So if you can model the outside, you can model the inside, its all the same model. There are no doors, hatches, anything. Doorways sure, but not with openable doors on them.

Terminal hall:

NdOJh1F.jpg

It's pretty large, I wish I made it lower. Also, I just now realize that the coolest feature of these big structures are actually the shadows since they are correct in KSP with full day night cycle xD So, I shouldn't've made the roof that monolithic, I should've opened it up or made it different =( Now it would take a lot of time to correct these things, I will not do it for the next build certainly.

Though it looks spectacular on the outside ;)

Terminal hall:

NdOJh1F.jpg

It's pretty large, I wish I made it lower. Also, I just now realize that the coolest feature of these big structures are actually the shadows since they are correct in KSP with full day night cycle xD So, I shouldn't've made the roof that monolithic, I should've opened it up or made it different =( Now it would take a lot of time to correct these things, I will not do it for the next build certainly.

Though it looks spectacular on the outside ;)

Looks awesome! How did you make that glass? Transparent texture? :)