Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

Well ok sense no one wanted to make my building I made my own! Sadly though it doesn't have any texture and I don't know how to take a screen shot in blender so as soon as I find out the later you will see my building.

Basic features

Roof runway ( that's right)

Rover friendly slops

Helipad

Huge hanger.

Parking lot( to be added)

Cool looking!!

Common textures pack #2 now available!!!

Download:

http://www./download/jxx77ly6io2sdh9/KCity_commontextures_v2.rar

Now it includes:

- 11 CGtextures facades on one texture for generic buildings and all-round everyday use.

- a plain concrete texture

- roof tiles, ceramic, shingle

- dark brick tile (currently used on the "bricky bridge")

- metal roof (will be used on airport roof)

- airport taxiway concrete blocks now included

...and more!

Normal and specular maps for all the textures also exist, but I will not include them in the texture pack. They will be included in the Kerbin City build.

Note: I am starting to convert all textures to .tga cause .png has mipmapping problems since KSP 0.20, that is the reason why some are .png and some .tga. You can work in either of them.

Coming soon:

- Flat roof plates

- Stairs

- Galvanized metal (for street signs)

Edited by nothke

Here is my progress on the residential area. Since it will be (judging by the map) a separate island, I made it quite large. I would have been finished by now, but there were family matters to attend to this week (I really love birthdays, even when they are not mine) so work went slower than I hoped. Cue the Imgur album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please tell me what you guys think. Also, I like your buildings Justin!!!

I've already made my apartment blocks in a New York Queens style, but those are the 'cheap' ones on the edge of the city. There could be more closer to the center, maybe similar to what you're suggesting...

Guys, can somebody fix KerbTown and update it to ksp 0.22??

I didn't try it in 0.22, "I heard" it works, but only the spawning points don't. Razchek is away so we will have to work in 0.21 until he comes back.

I'm Back again :)

Wow, that weekend was some terror for my liver :confused:

OK here we go Its not textured but I hope you guys like it!
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Looks cool! Might fit well in some sort of industrial area at the border of the town!

But I think you should rethink the runway, looks pretty short compared to the Hangar and its gate

(unless you are specialized on jump jets :sticktongue: )

I'd maybe double it's length :)

I can see not many people downloaded the texture pack so I'll repeat the "news":

Download:

http://www./download/jxx77ly6io2sdh9/KCity_commontextures_v2.rar

Now it includes:

- 11 CGtextures facades on one texture for generic buildings and all-round everyday use.

- a plain concrete texture

- roof tiles, ceramic, shingle

- dark brick tile (currently used on the "bricky bridge")

- metal roof (will be used on airport roof)

- airport taxiway concrete blocks now included

...and more!

Normal and specular maps for all the textures also exist, but I will not include them in the texture pack. They will be included in the Kerbin City build.

Note: I am starting to convert all textures to .tga cause .png has mipmapping problems since KSP 0.20, that is the reason why some are .png and some .tga. You can work in either of them.

Coming soon:

- Flat roof plates

- Stairs

- Galvanized metal (for street signs)

Here is my progress on the residential area. Since it will be (judging by the map) a separate island, I made it quite large. I would have been finished by now, but there were family matters to attend to this week (I really love birthdays, even when they are not mine) so work went slower than I hoped. Cue the Imgur album:

- snip -

Not bad, we'll see what comes.

Also I will soon publish a quick tutorial clarifying some things about how to properly model.

I can see not many people downloaded the texture pack so I'll repeat the "news":

Cool, must have over-read it, still the same limitations? :)

Also I will soon publish a quick tutorial clarifying some things about how to properly model.

But then please with the "boring" voice right from the beginning! :wink:

But then please with the "boring" voice right from the beginning! :wink:

here you go: =)

Here's a modeling tutorial about a very specific problem of having limited texture space, or in other words, optimizing your textures to have much more:

Edited by nothke

My plot is finished. Here is the Imgur album

Nothke, if you don't mind, can I use my props (the individual buildings) and make my own little mod out of them? Of course, I'll say that all of it was made for Kerbin City...

You should not make windows like that, close over the wall poly. KSP is a game of huge scales and there will be a lot of z-fighting... Which will be explained in one of my next tutorials