Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

wow, excellent work, this looks like an amazing project.

Kerbal Space Program: the game that makes itself

Well, somebody had to start it (Squad), and that's half a way. And there's someone behind the "itself". That's us =)

Edited by nothke

Yep, someone took it on the last page.

ah damn, had a good mountain based plane hangar to put in there, will have to be quicker on the next quadrant, but if this one takes too long I guess we can just start another section. There isnt many sections there for a 'community' project.

Great looking stuff guys! I'm gonna update all the stuff now, I didn't do anything for 2 days cause I was away from the computer.

Let me see now who has the D4 xD Many people applied for it.

I'd like to reserve the low bridge if its still available. The progress of the city looks amazing so far.

Sure, I put myself, but I can put you. Only you'll have to wait me finish the access road. I mean.. you can make the construction..

OTHERS: Also, if you have a company or something important on your plot it would be nice to make a texture sign, an information image that I will put on billboards throughout the city later.

ALL PLOTS TAKEN! (still have to see who actually has D4

k9HhR51.png

Edited by nothke

Sure, I put myself, but I can put you. Only you'll have to wait me finish the access road. I mean.. you can make the construction..

OTHERS: Also, if you have a company or something important on your plot it would be nice to make a texture sign, an information image that I will put on billboards throughout the city later.

ALL PLOTS TAKEN! (still have to see who actually has D4

k9HhR51.png

Can i reserve a plot in the future island please?

Can i reserve a plot in the future island please?

Sure, I'll write people down so when it gets plotted, you will be the first to chose =)

Anyway, here's one of the sketches for phase 2 that I think I will go through with to the end. What do you think?

VH2a0ME.jpg

I was just about to post my analysis...

Not a plan, an examination of design potentials.

These blobs are not exact, just showing rough area. Yellow has been used to show where there are views that could be utilised, not that most them are that great at sea level.

Great from up high though.

Green indicates potential future connectivity. Routes and such. These are very general.

FKUlvrE.jpg

My survey team identified a tidal channel, where if this was a real city, you'd aim to maintain the flow between the lagoon and the harbour. This can be done in many ways.

Other lakes may be rain filled, this is in the tropics after all. They have no tidal access, and no streams flowing into them.

Also if, you wanted to try underground rails and such, you could raise up a section of the city base to put them under.

That section would need to be reconnected to the lower ground via ramps, and a few other tricks, but it might be an interesting idea.

Lak63rw.jpg

(Editing complete.)

Consider this a report from the TW1 Kerbal landscape architecture firm!

With the more detailed map, rather than doing all the photoshopping again,

Most things can just be shifted a little, to show issues.

Suggestions:

-The transport network shown in Nothke's image is better than the one here.

-the commercial area comes pretty close to the flight path there..

-I also recommend shifting the freight airport and train depot to the shore opposite the eastern island.

Less mountains in the way, and away from what could be a nice beach like area.

-Depending on the nature of the industry, you might want that on a different shore too.

-Transport hub ideally would be where the rail line comes closest to the CBD.

Survey team:

QTcELVC.png

Breathing is optional

QUgRSegl.png

ivjTWXNl.png

Edited by Tw1

Sure, I'll write people down so when it gets plotted, you will be the first to chose =)

Anyway, here's one of the sketches for phase 2 that I think I will go through with to the end. What do you think?

VH2a0ME.jpg

how big plot do i get? and can i start modeling?